Monday, July 31, 2017

July 2017

One of my favorite pictures of Dad and Jack. This was taken at the Salmons' going away party before they left for Virginia. Best buds! I love that you will find blue mimi in a lot of Jack's pictures throughout his youth :)

This one is special. Jack was always interested in whatever Granddad was tinkering with. He loved to help and talk his ear off while he worked. Another pair of best buds <3

Wick's baby shower. Jack enjoying the final days of being the only little boy in the family.

Two kiddos that love their aunt and uncle very much!

 
Jack needed a break from the shower so Gram took him to check on the cows. He was calling them in in the picture. I love this picture of them together! It's blown up in black and white and displayed in Gram's hallway.

Sis couldn't be left out on any kind of animal interaction.

More time spent with animals, Jake's hunting dogs. They loved visiting them and helping feed them.

A quick Fourth of July picture of me and my all-American babies. Patriotic decor and clothes for the kids are my favorite.

 
In 2017, Papaw caught a tagged fish at the Catfish Festival! Jack went out there with him to wait until his tag was drawn.

We took a trip to Northern Kentucky to experience Noah's Ark. I just love this picture of baby Jack in his jammies that he traveled in. 

 
Their favorite part was the petting zoo at the end ha! They got to brush the goats.

They had a good time but I definitely want to take them back when they're bigger and can understand it more.

A family picture. I remember it being very warm this day and there's no shade to be had once you're off the ark. It was a great weekend experiencing a Biblical reference come to life. Everyone should experience it!

My American girl picking beans in Mamaw's garden

I will never forget this day. We were getting ready for family pictures with my sister and her kids (they left for their mission trip at the end of the month) and I was fixing Georgia's hair. We were in the bathroom and the straightener was on, Jack was under my feet. Sis accidentally knocked the straightener off on to Jack and it clamped down on his arm. What a scary few moments for us while we tried to grasp if we needed to seek medical attention or if we could treat the burn ourselves. Of course he was hysterical initially but he actually calmed down quicker than I expected. As you can see he was even smiling by the time we got him bandaged up :) It was very hard to look at for a long time. My heart broke because I thought he already had a permanent scar at the age of two and I knew how bad it had to have hurt. Sis cried because she felt like it was her fault, we told her accidents happen and we were more cautious about them being around my hair tools from that point forward. Surprisingly, he has no scar! I am so thankful the only evidence of this event is pictures.

A sister outing before they headed overseas! 

Aunt Kait and Bobee at the Salmons' going away sendoff party. He was super attached to his mommy at this point in time :)

A family picture with our nephew we were prepared to go years without seeing but thankfully he's home in Kentucky with us today! God's plans are always better than our own.


Our annual mother-daughter tradition of Ice Cream and a Moo-vie at Chaney's Dairy Farm! We both look forward to this every summer.

Homemade biscuit making!

A final kiss for my nephew Bo before they left the country <3

Final hugs and few tears <3

Jack driving Uncle Jake's tractor. He's ready to be a farm hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment