Friday, November 15, 2013

Five On Friday

Watch out y'all. I am doing two link-ups today. I don't know if that's legal but I'm doing it anyway :) I love my Five On Friday tradition but I didn't want to miss the chance to meet other Kentucky/Tennessee bloggers out there so I'm double dipping. Two times the fun!

One
If this is your first time visiting my blog-welcome! Here is just a tidbit about me.
I was born and raised in Morgantown, Kentucky- a small town in the southcentral portion of the state. And when I say small, I mean small. Three stoplights throughout our whole town small! But I love it, I love Kentucky, and I love living in the south. This is home.
I married my high school sweetheart Marcus in May of 2010 and we welcomed our first child Georgia Grace in October of 2012. The two things I always wanted, to be a wife and mother, I have been given. I can't put a number on my endless blessings.
Currrently we are enjoying life with our one year old (wha?!?) daughter, finding contentment in our 900 square foot starter home but making plans for our forever home, and trying to keep our lives balanced so we keep our priorities in order. I work four days a week as the Director of Nutrition at the hospital in the next town over and I love love love my job. Georgia Grace's great-grandmothers keep her for us the days that I work. This is one blessing where I can't even begin to express my gratitude.
The exhausted, lengthy version of our story is scattered throughout this blog. I just started blogging last year at the end of my pregnancy so I am a newbie but it has quickly become my hobby and I love the purpose and community it has brought to me. This is our virtual scrapbook that we will cherish forever. Thanks for visiting my corner of the www!

Two


As I mentioned on Tuesday, naptime interferred with our Veteran's Day plans so we made new plans and went on Wednesday. The VFW Ladies Auxiliary has erected Walls of Honor for the Veterans in our county that have served in the Armed Forces. My Papaw Porter is one of those Veterans and we are so proud of his service to our country. We found his brick and took a picture beside it. His legacy lives on.

Three
With our trip to Jackson Hole just a month away I decided it was time to start stocking up on new winter gear for Georgia Grace. I am a sucker for anything quilted and polka dots. And her fringed Minnetonkas couldn't be cuter. We are ready for the mountains! 

Four
I'm making a valiant effort to keep our schedules from being too scheduled. I know I am often guilty of being overbooked and boasting my busyness. Motherhood has really opened my eyes to the importance of being intentional with my time. I want my life to be focused on what matters most. November has allowed me to appreciate my weeknights at home just cooking supper and playing with our daughter by the cozy fireplace. Less is best.


Five
Tomorrow will mark the 10 year anniversary of when Marcus asked me to be "his girl". He wasn't even driving yet (I robbed the cradle) so I had to drive to his house in the snow so he could ask me! I could have never imagined on that day that we would be here 10 years later. What a fun ride it has been! Sixteenth birthdays, driver's licenses, proms, graduations, college, first jobs, first home, a baby and so much more. We were just kids and we grew up together falling more and more in love along the way. He is mine forever and I love doing life with him. I could not ask for more!
Happy 10 years of US to my one and only!

Weekend plans of hunting and a trip to Corbin for my sister's wedding shower are on tap. TGIF!

20 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with that white and gold vest, how cute! And happy anniversary! (Is it PC to still celebrate your dating anniversary after you're married? I think yes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, I hope the puffiness doesn't bother her! And thank you-haha I'm breaking all the rules! :)

      Delete
  2. I love to find good KY bloggers! I'm from Edmonton, KY (small town - one stop light) and now live in Tompkinsville, KY! Found you from Kelly's link up and now following along on Bloglovin'! Lil' Georgia Grace is the prettiest thing! :)

    http://ashleenikol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So neat, I've been to both of those little towns! Just added you on Bloglovin' as well. Thanks for finding me and nice to "meet" you :) Thank you-we're proud of her!

      Delete
  3. I found your blog from the Kelly's Korner linkup. I'm from Owensboro, KY and currently live in Murray for college. It's so nice to meet other Kentucky bloggers-- it seems like all of the KY bloggers are from Louisville or Lexington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bailey,
      Just added you on Bloglovin'! We are so close. We have been planning to take a trip to the 'boro soon to see the Riverfront Center. We may wait now and go ice skating :) Thanks for finding me!

      Delete
  4. hey there from the linkup, you beauty!!! how presh are you!? just started following! yay! love the stop glorifying busy. i posted about it a few weeks ago and could not agree more!!!

    happy friday, love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, so kind! I just added you on Bloglovin' as well! I'm glad other bloggers are also promoting this! Nice to "meet you"! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a working mom of two in McMinnville, Tennesse! It's so nice to "meet" you. I hope we can take this opportunity through Kelly's Korner to connect. You've got an adorable blog:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandie! Just added you on Bloglovin'! Just checked out your blog and saw you are a Vandy fan-love me some SEC! Of course we cheer for the Cats but I support any SEC school! Thank you, look forward to keeping up with you!

      Delete
  6. Found you through Kelly's Korner - I am in Western Kentucky. Your family is adorable, looking forward to following along!
    http://blueskiesrainbows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat, we are definitely in the same neck of the woods then! Just added you on Bloglovin', thanks for finding me! :)

      Delete
  7. Found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I'm a momma of 5 boys from Louisville Ky! Glad to find other bloggers from this area! Your little girl is precious!
    http://lynchfamily5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome! 5 boys-love that! We have family in Louisville and visit often. Thank you! Look forward to keeping up with you now!

      Delete
  8. Came over from the linkup at Kelly's Korner. I live in South Carolina but my grandparents and lots of other family live in a tiny town in Kentucky called Carlisle. We visit often and love it. :) I have a daughter who will be 1 on Thanksgiving! Georgia Grace is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! I have heard of Carlisle but don't believe I have ever been there. Nothing like a small southern town :) How neat! We have a lot in common. Nice to "meet you"!

      Delete
  9. I'm a little late to the party, but I just found your blog. Your family of 4 is just adorable. I was reading your most popular posts when I found that you're from Morgantown. So cool! I'm from Bremen and my parents attend Belmont Church in Morgantown. I bet we know some of the same people! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way-such a small world! Belmont is considered our "sister church" so I am familiar with their congregation. So glad you found me!

      Delete
    2. My parents are relatively new to the church. My little brother attends BCA. :) So happy I found you, too! Following you on Bloglovin'. I'm so excited to have a nearby blogger friend!

      Delete
    3. Wow that is awesome! I know Kara Jo, BCA Director really well. Belmont is blessed with some amazing folks. Excited to keep in touch!

      Delete