Friday, October 18, 2013

Five On Friday

Taking a quick second in between laundering our garments for the big event tomorrow and writing my MOH speech to post my Five On Friday. No time to tarry so without further ado...

One
Merry Christmas to us-we are going to Jackson Hole, Wyoming!!! We are taking my dad to celebrate the big 5-0 the week after Christmas (he turns 50 January 6th). We hope to visit Yellowstone, the Tetons (a mountain range of the Rocky Mountains), and the National Elk Refuge.


We are staying at The Lodge At Jackson Hole. I'm dying over the pictures. It looks so cozy and dreamy. There is an indoor pool, hot tub, and a spa. Too bad there are so many things to do in JH because I might not leave the lodge ;). I can't wait to visit the old west! 

Two

K-PREP scores are back and our school system scored in the top 25th percentile as a district in the state of Kentucky!! Butler County Schools have earned the classification as a proficient/progressing high progress district. Only 17 districts in the state earned that distinction! (See full article here). I have several family members (including my main man) who work in the school system and I know first hand how hard they have worked to earn these honors. I'm confident in the education Georgia Grace will receive here which will be here quicker than I want to think about. Way to go BC Schools!

Three
#tbt (throwback thursday, an explanation to my 40 year old self reading this ha!) is all the rage right now so I had to post this picture of me one year ago today. We met Georgia Grace 13 days later as Superstorm Sandy hit the east coast and shes' been making waves ever since :). I'm still in denial we are celebrating her first birthday next weekend...

Four
You don't realize how much you need the government until it is shutdown. I saw this screen on my computer several times this week when I tried to access MyPlate materials for a campaign we are developing at my hospital. I told our CEO that we had the best excuse ever for not rolling out the program on time ha! I'm thankful a compromise was reached and all government jobs/services were restored.

Five
Today is wedding day!! My sister and soon-to-be brother in law are tying the knot tonight in front of family and friends in our hometown. It will be a wonderful night of low-key simplicity displaying a love that mimics Christ and the church. I can't wait to see my sister as the bride. Beautiful won't even begin to describe her. I'm just hoping I don't do the ugly cry. #passthetissues

Happy wedding day Eric and Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment