I try to do for the second child all that I did for the first child. Monthly pictures, for example, happened every month with both babies. The only difference was Georgia's was always prompt and Jack's was sometimes two weeks late. But I did them! So in true second child fashion, here is a 15 month update on our Jack boy-two weeks late but still in the correct month so I'll take it!
Jack-you are 15 months old!
- You weigh 23 pounds (50th percentile), 32 inches tall (96th percentile) and your head circumference is in the 98th percentile. You are wearing 18 month and some 24 month clothing and wear a size 5 shoe. You wear a size 3 diaper. Long and lean with an impressive noggin!
- Your vocabulary is increasing every week. This week you started saying "door" and "berries". The way you say "Georgia" is absolutely the cutest thing I've ever heard. You are saying 15-20 words currently. I'm sure phrases will come very soon.
- You hated bath time, now you love bath time. Washing up isn't your favorite but we go fast so the screaming is kept to a minimum.
- You are into all kinds of mischief these days. Just tonight I was emptying your diaper genie and a bright color caught my eye. You had been putting toys in your genie! Blocks, magnetic letters, a pair of Georgia's sunglasses and a NYC snowglobe from Uncle Cody were retrieved from the bag of poop. You also love throwing things away in the trashcan and toilet. We started timeout with you this week. We will see how that goes. Whew!
- You have 12 teeth-front four on top and bottom and two molars on top and two molars on the bottom. You really weren't symptomatic when you cut the molars which was a blessing. We try to brush them everyday and even though you love the taste of toothpaste you hate having your teeth brushed. It is usually a wrestling match but mommy always wins :)
- Your favorite foods are mashed potatoes, all berries, cheese, macaroni and cheese, eggs and peaches. You LOVE milk. And you love your bottle even more. Dr. Lee says it's time to nix the bottle. I know how hard this will be so we're in the pre-planning stage which is basically just lots of prayer and research on the best way to do it. Prayers appreciated!
- You are a sleeping rockstar. Bedtime is around 7:30-8 and you usually sleep at least 12 hours and sometimes 14. It's amazing really. You also take 1-2 naps a day as well, sometimes for 2-3 hours. But when you are awake you go nonstop. You are never still or even seated really so I guess you just wear yourself completely out. We're proud of our well-rested boy!
- We're working on identifying body parts (you've got eyes and nose down) and animals and their sounds. You are a super smart baby. You love following in Georgia's shadow and learning from her. She loves teaching you things and being your boss. It's a match made in sibling heaven.
- You climb on everything and you can ransack a room in no time. You fall and hit your head pretty often because you are so aggressive and because your head is large. It worries me sometimes but I know God made you strong and tough so you could handle the bumps and bruises.
- You don't enjoy riding in the car much unless it's naptime and you can sleep. You also have no interest in TV shows yet which is a good thing.
- Loves-ba ba (bottle), pulling your diaper off and running around completely naked, wooly crocheted blankets (you call them "mimmys"), your sister, any toy your sister is playing with (ha!) and sleeping
It's been a fun, adventurous, challenging and full of love 15 months with you, Jack. You are quick tempered and will probably give me all kinds of gray hair but I know God knew what He was doing when He created you for us. You have taught me so much about life, love, patience and just how wonderful it is to raise a son.
I love you forever and always!