Today our favorite girl is 2 1/2 years old. We literally blinked and this happened. Daddy is taking her on a daddy-daughter date tonight to celebrate the occasion. The date plan is to eat at a restaurant with macaroni and cheese per ggh's request, go shopping for a new outfit at one of our favorite stores and ice cream for dessert. She's had a rough week battling allergies (we assume that's what it is, she hasn't been tested) so I'm sure this will cheer her up.
Georgia-you are 2 1/2!
- You weigh 23-24 pounds, wear size 24 month clothes best and a size 6 1/2-7 shoe. Your 2 1/2 year checkup is scheduled for next week and I'm anxious to see how much you've grown in six months!
- Your favorite foods/drinks are baby corn, black olives, macaroni and cheese, any type of cheese, orange juice and pop pops (popsicles). Some days you are a big eater, some days you're not. It just depends on your mood. You do love to go out to restaurants.
- Your favorite things to play are baby dolls and kitchen. You like to pretend to take our orders, write them down on a pad of paper and then go get our food for us. You are always taking care of a baby and sticking them in Jack's baby equipment or wrapping them up in blankets.
- Speaking of Jack, you became a big sister just a few weeks ago! You are in love with your baby brother. Every morning when you wake up you ask about him. You color pictures for him, hold him and give him lots of kisses. You were meant to be a big sister.
- You love going to preschool and learning. Every day you come home and tell me something new you have learned. You love seeing and playing with your friends and you wish everyday was a preschool day.
- You know your ABC's and can identify the letters, your birthday, your age and everyone's names in your family. Your vocabulary continues to impress us. You always speak in complete sentences and use expressive words.
- You are a healthy girl but most likely you are going to have seasonal allergies like your Daddy. For the past few season changes you develop a runny nose and this time it turned into a sinus infection. We hate that you will battle this but we are thankful that besides that you are happy and healthy.
- You continue to love to go places and be active. You would rather be anywhere but home ha! Your favorite places are AKK (Grandmomma's), church and the carousel at the mall.
- Your normal bedtime is 8:30-9 until 7 and you take a two hour nap during the day. We would like to get you in bed earlier because you are happier in the morning the longer you've slept but you are the queen of bedtime stalling :)
Your friend Erica's campfire birthday party the night mommy went into labor!
- Even though you like to delay bedtime it is one of your favorite parts of the day. We have a routine- bath (if it's bath night), pj's, brush teeth, bedtime stories, prayer and bed. You love a good routine. Also, you are still sleeping in your crib. You have been an awesome crib sleeper since you were 12 weeks old and we are in no rush to transition you to a big girl bed.
- You have a huge heart and sometimes wear it on your sleeve. You still love to be carried in your hooded towel after bathtime and let us ooh and aah over the baby :) You also love to cuddle on the couch and be rocked occasionally.
- You are a Daddy's girl. You love your Mommy but Daddy is your favorite person. I know you two will always have a close relationship and an inseparable bond.
Happy 2 1/2 years Georgia Grace! You make our days brighter and life more fun. Even though watching you grow from a baby to a toddler is hard in that we would love to keep you little forever, we're proud of you and wouldn't have it any other way. We love you so very much!