Saturday, November 10, 2012

Georgia's Birth Story

 I want to make sure I document the whole story of Georgia's birth from start to finish so I don't forget one detail. I know she will enjoy reading this someday!

I went to the doctor on Friday October 27th to find out I had progressed further to 70% thinned and 2 cm. My doctor thought I could go into labor over the weekend but if not we decided to schedule an induction for the following Tuesday!

By Monday night we still didn't have a baby so we prepared for heading to the hospital.
Here is my last picture taken before Georgia arrived. I don't typically post bare belly pictures but I want to remember how I looked 10 months pregnant and this is my blog so here it is :).

We left Monday night at about 11:15 and I told Marcus I thought maybe I was feeling contractions but I wasn't sure. When we got to the hospital, I was having contraction 3 minutes apart and was 80% and 4 cm! Baby girl was probably coming on her own Tuesday anyway! They couldn't believe I really wasn't feeling the contractions ha!

I got all checked in and from 1am-5am I was given a medication to help finish dilating and thinning my cervix. At 5:30am they started my pitocin. I was at 6cm and went ahead and requested my epidural before I progressed too far. The epidural was wonderful!!

I napped from 8:15-9:15 at my doctor's recommendation, he thought I was several hours away from delivering a baby.

When my mom came to check on me I told her I felt like I needed to push. She told the nurse who decided to check me and I was 100% and 10 cm at this point! The nurse called my doctor who came running down the hall ha! I started pushing at 9:25 am and Georgia Grace Harrison entered this world at 9:35 am!

The feeling I had when they laid her on my chest for the first time is an experience I will never forget. The thing I had been waiting 10 months for was finally safe and sound in my arms!

She was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Ten fingers, ten toes, a good healthy cry-perfection! All I could do was cry with happiness and thanksgiving!

Her stats- 8 lbs 2 oz and 19 in long. The doctor was surprised at how much she weighed! He was guessing 7 1/2 lbs. Right before they took her to the scales to weigh her I guessed 8lbs 2oz which was my original guess and I was right!

Daddy finally got to show her off to the anxiously awaiting family and friends. They all said it felt like eternity ha!

I can't get enough of this picture. God has blessed me with more than I deserve!

I had to post a booty shot :) It's just too cute not to! She will be upset by this one day I'm sure ha!

Look at all of that dark hair! As soon as Marcus could see her head he told me, "Her hair is long enough to braid!" HA!

Then it was time for her first bath! I have a super cute video that I will try to post sometime.

Around 12 we were moved to our regular room where family and friends were anxiously awaiting. We had around 30 people waiting to meet our precious girl. Everyone couldn't wait to get their hands on her. We have a big family so everyone had to give quick lovins :).

By Thursday afternoon we were ready to head home!

Daddy made this sign for her the night before we went to the hospital.

Our Aunt Paula made this beautiful diaper wreath that we hung on the hospital door and then hung on our door at home. Everything on it is usable so we will be disassembling soon if I can part with it ha!

Our family of four :) Owen was SO excited to see all three of us! He didn't eat for two days following her coming home because he was so busy watching out for her. He has resumed eating again thankfully, we were starting to get worried about him.

All in all, I had a very easy labor and delivery and I praise God for providing that for me! Georgia Grace is such a blessing to us and we thank God for choosing us to be her earthly parents. Let the journey begin!!

4 comments:

  1. Keishia and I have been waiting on your birth story! So happy you finally posted it!! She looks like she has some big feet like Aimsley!! Maybe they will be some basketball players. She is beautiful! So glad things went so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would write bits and pieces up when I was up late at night ;) Thought it was a good use of my time! Yes she seems to have big feet and hands-we will see!

      Delete
  2. Love to meet up to start a baby with a nice lady I'm a sex Male from Helen ga 47 years old

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7064037083 if any one interested I'm in Helen ga will come to u

    ReplyDelete