Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Our First Week

My baby is already a week old! She has done so well during her first week. She is a good sleeper and a big eater-she's about to wear this momma out :).

We had a bellyache one night and it broke my heart to see her in pain. Thank goodness my mother-in-law was staying with us so she helped me through it. Here's a tip we learned for all you moms out there dealing with belly issues- take a warm towel (we used a receiving blanket), roll it in a big ball, place it on their belly and then swaddle her up in another receiving blanket. She had instant relief! I shared this tip with my cousin that gave birth the same day I gave birth to Georgia and it worked for them too! It's all about learning those little tips and tricks.

Last night was our first night on our own. She went to sleep about 11 (right after the presidential election results were announced, guess she was curious ha!), woke up at 1:30 and 4:30 and then slept until 9! I asked God to be with us as we were both anxious about our first night and He provided like always. Marcus got up with us once to help get her back to sleep. I'm so thankful for a supportive and helpful husband! He has been so attentive this first week just like I knew he would be.

Here are her coming home pictures from the hospital. I just love them!

I love kissing those big cheeks!

Her "Georgia Grace" bloomers <3

AND---I have to post this!! Congrats to my girls cross-country team! They became Region Runners-Up and are headed to the KHSAA state championship meet Saturday! This is the first time we have been Region Runners-Up in 9 years! I turned the team over to my assistants in mid-October and I can't thank them enough for the job they have done in my absence. Everyone came together as a big family when I took off for my baby and I think that is a direct reflection of the success they experienced. Way to go BCXC!

No comments:

Post a Comment