Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Getaway

Happy November!

I really don't know how we are in the 11th month of the year. Marcus and I sat down yesterday to discuss our holiday plans and festiivites which made me excited for the season but also made me keenly aware of how fast time is passing. This will be our second Christmas with Georgia Grace and I am anxious to compare pictures and see her excited over the magic of the season!

Ok I'm starting to ramble but that was on my heart so I couldn't stop typing :)

This weekend we spent our first night away from Georgia Grace. I won tickets to the UK homecoming football game so the husband surprised me with a hotel room and dinner reservations for Saturday night. It was such a great reward for surviving Overwhelming October!

Saturday morning before heading to Lexington we went to watch our cross-country team compete at Regionals. I coached the BCXC team for four years before turning the program over to Gran Stan at the end of the season last year. Being a working mom I knew my free time had to be spent with my family so I transitioned from coach to #1 fan this year :)

Baby girl had a big time watching all the action. Neat story- one of my XC girls had asked her grandmother to crochet a blanket for Georgia Grace when I was pregnant last season. The grandmother just so happened to be there yesterday AND I brought that blanket to put around GGH! Such a sweet sweet gift from a wonderful family.

Her favorite part of the meet though was the snacks HA!
The girls team earned Back to Back Region 2 Runner-Up titles this weekend with three girls (Olivia, Chanda, & Delaney) finishing in the Top 8! Our boys team finished 3rd in the Region with two finishing in the Top 8 (Ethan & Nolan) and Ethan became the Region Champion! Both teams will advance to the state meet Saturday November 9th at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. I couldn't be more proud of them!

When we got home from the meet we took Georgia Grace to Grandma Harrison's house to say our goodbyes and hit the road. She looks real sad we are leaving doesn't she?! We packed her an overnight bag and everything :). She split her time between both Grandma's houses because there was no way we were choosing one over the other ha!

 She did great while we were gone. We tried to call/FaceTime her but she would just kiss the phone and then she was gone HA!


I didn't take many pictures of our weekend because Marcus absolutely hates taking pictures (what a shame he decided to marry me) so I respected that for the most part and kept them to a minimum :) I couldn't resist a Starbucks selfie though!! Covered face and all!

And just one more during halftime of the game so I could send a "thanks" tweet to the twitter account I won tickets from (@ButlerCosports). We were pretty frozen by this point. It was 48 degrees but felt much colder than that since we aren't use to the cold temperatures yet. And mostly because I left my earwarmers in the room ha! But it was a great game and a good win for the Cats. And we got to see one of my sister's good friends crowned UK Homecoming Queen so it was time well spent!
We came home to a happy but worn out baby. She went to sleep at 5pm and slept until 5:30am this morning!! The daylight savings "fall back" effected all of us. That on top of spending the weekend in a different time zone had me all out of sorts. But the sun rising before 6:30 this morning was a nice start to the week for this early commuter.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend :)
    Georgia Grace has the CUTEST outfits!
    I can't wait for UK to come to Athens! Lexington was always one of my favorite away games. It's so beautiful up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That outfit actually came from a consignment shop!! I do a lot of consigning, you never know what you will find! Y'all will probably give us a good Georgia butt-kickin' ha! Lexington is one of my favorite places, the horse farms are to die for. Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete