Thursday, July 23, 2020

Kitties, Summertime and Nashville Weekend for Georgia

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I now understand the struggle moms talk about with summer babies. I'm as cold natured as they come and I'm hot; I can only imagine how a normal person feels. I even invested in a neck fan this week. One month to go, I can do this!

Jack and Scout. The kids have each shown ownership of the kittens; Scout is Jack's and Dolly/Lady is Georgia's. 

I saw her by Jack's boot and thought I better take a picture to remember she was once the size of Jack's little boot :)

Further confirmation that taking both of them was the right decision <3

Dolly rides in Georgia's bike basket! Why didn't we get kittens sooner?!? They are so fun.

We are overrun with zucchini from our garden. Our friend Kaylyn shared her zucchini bread recipe with us and it was a hit with the fam. 

I worked from home this day and then we made it a pool day late afternoon! These two can't get enough swimming this summer. Swimming in the deep end has really opened up lots of new games and things to do in the water.

Jack's backpack arrived this week. I have a fear that this could sit like this for a long time if we aren't able to return to school this fall. I'm not going to lie, I have cried more than once on the thought of what this year could be for our new kindergartener. We will make the most of whatever situation we have to face but I would be lying if I said this hasn't been stressful and sad for a mom. I miss our pre-covid lives!

Travel baseball is being allowed in our area so Marcus and Jack took off one day to go watch our buddy Will play in Franklin, Tennessee. Jack had a ball. We have missed watching live sports!

Our girl was asked to go on a weekend birthday trip to Nashville for our neighbor Embry's birthday. They stayed in the brand new Graduate Hotel that pays homage to Dolly. Embry's mom is a photographer so she did some photo shoots of the girls and the pictures are incredible!

Georgia had the time of her life. She was in her element!

This was the actual hotel room they stayed in-just perfect!

This is a Dolly head on the pool deck-so cool





Our little doll! This was only her second time staying away from home other than family. I worried and wasn't sure if she would be ready but she was and had the best time! We're so proud of her bravery and her behavior on the trip, which they said was perfect.

*We sent her with money to spend at the American Girl store. She decided there wasn't anything that she really wanted so she paid for her meal at the Cheesecake Factory and the rest of her money she wants to donate to our local animal shelter. What an angel*

Nursery progress is slow but we do have a shelf full of baby books. Baby #3 greatly benefits from two older siblings in the book department! I will post more pictures once we make a little more progress, it's still a mess right now.

O isn't a dog that begs for food much but he was very much interested in our bacon, eggs and biscuit breakfast :) His poor stomach can't handle table food though. It's probably for the best but I hate not sharing with him!

My amazing friends threw me a surprise baby sprinkle this weekend-I will post those next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment