Friday, August 7, 2020

Maternity Pictures

A couple of Fridays ago, my friend Kayla met us in a tobacco field to take maternity pictures for us. I have never had true maternity pictures. My friend Julia came to our house and took a few pictures of me and Georgia's nursery before she was born but that's it. I knew with this being our last baby I didn't want to pass up the opportunity.

I was 36 weeks the day we took pictures so I was pretty far along and large for maternity pictures but I love that they are real and show my big curve :)
This is my favorite family picture session to date. Mostly because it includes our whole family <3

Kayla did such a wonderful job. They are better than I ever imagined.

It was very humid this night so you can see us getting stickier and our hair falling as the evening went on :) But that's life!

The proud siblings really enjoyed this session. Jack even said he had fun taking them! I never thought I would hear him say that.


One of my favorites but who am I kidding? There's no way to pick just one.

Kayla knows how to make you feel your best, even nine months pregnant. 

I love this one of us. I'm framing a few for our gender neutral nursery.


This one makes me smile every time. What a beautiful gift God has given us in this last baby and in each other.

I had a lot of questions and comments about the tobacco field. Tobacco fields are getting harder to come by these days (which is a good thing) but she found this beautiful one just a county over. I never realized tobacco would be such a pretty backdrop.



Hamming it up in the tobacco rows

She was telling her brother to go away and let her take her own pictures without his hand in them. Hilarious!

I see a mini teenager when I look at this one :(

Her little, simple linen dress I found at Target.com turned out to be a pretty perfect choice for the occasion. We can doll up when we want to but we can embrace simple, natural beauty too!
Jack's face in this one is priceless

Really love this one. So much love and excitement.

I've started calling them "the big kids". I can't believe they are 7 and 5. I love the four extra hands of help I will have this time around!




Marcus despises pictures and usually doesn't like how they turn out anyway. He actually was game for this shoot and really likes these pictures. He's coming around, it's just taking some time ;) 

Marcus looks like Paul Harrison in this picture



Daddy's girl through and through!


And a mommy's boy. Can't wait to see how the personality of the third compares to the first two!
My best girl. I don't know what I would do without her. She helps me and teaches me things everyday.

Love his little smile in this one

We were losing daylight but she was able to capture a few more on a quilt before we called it quits


So different from each other and uniquely their own person. 

This is really them!


A few field pictures to wrap up the evening!

A big thanks to Kayla Kiper for making my maternity picture dreams come true. They far exceeded my expectations. It's been such an unusual pregnancy and being able to have this memories captured is so uplifting to me. I'm so proud of this family and life we have built together.

No comments:

Post a Comment