Monday, August 3, 2020

Counting Down and Making Memories

It's August and we are officially on baby watch! We're trying to get as prepared and ready as you can while not knowing the gender, bringing a baby into the world in a pandemic and not knowing for sure how the big kids will do school this year. Basically, we are hard core winging it.

But while we've been waiting, we've been busy living and doing our best to keep things normal. 
 
You would never think this about her if you know her but this child is such a messy eater! Everything she eats or drinks ends up on her face! I often wonder what she walks around looking like at school after lunch.

My view lately. Our first paint color didn't work so we're on to plan B. I'm still trying to make some decor decisions. It's going to be a last minute nursery but I also think that's true third child fashion.

Last Friday we had maternity pictures made by my friend Kayla. We've never had real maternity pictures made. My friend Julia came to our house and took a few pictures of me and the nursery before Georgia was born and we did nothing before Jack. I knew this time I wanted to capture this memory, especially since the whole family could be in them!

Kayla is wonderful. She gets smiles and expressions out of these two that I never can. We already have them back and they may be my favorite pictures ever taken. I will post them soon!

Another first-I've never had anyone do my makeup before! Maura did hair and makeup for me plus hair for Georgia for our shoot. It was a nice little treat for myself!

Baby #3 has the sweetest siblings. The kids love helping me put up and get out baby things. Georgia created this baby shelf in our kids bath closet. I appreciate all the help I can get!

The kitties are growing! Lady lets you hold her, Scout doesn't like it so she obviously gets more attention. We have loved having them around.

She posed for this one :)

Georgia took this picture of mommy from her "point of view". I'm down to a few pieces of clothing and flowy dresses. You'll be seeing the same thing from now until delivery.

Last Saturday night, Shanna and I took the kids to Chaney's Dairy Barn for ice cream and a moo-vie. I was worried they weren't going to have it this year but it was just delayed a few months thankfully! It was the perfect activity for social distancing, we could easily be 6' apart from everyone. 

So much cousin love <3

Group selfie! We watched Frozen II. The boys got a little restless but ice cream helped. It was a fun night out after so many activities not happening this summer.

They wanted to wear their pajamas and I loved it. Georgia's actually say "Family Movie Night"

It was a perfect evening. I loved not smothering and sweating!

Nesting is in full swing. A fridge and freezer clean out was on the list.

Feels so good to be cluter-less and clean

Hard core eating whatever I want is going on as well too :)

Monday we did our annual school supply list shopping. This year Jack boy got to join in and he was so excited. Jack hasn't been in a store since March so this was a big deal for them.

We found everything we needed in one stop-thank you Target!

Our soon-to-be school boy. I wish things were different for the start of his Kindergarten year. It's been a stressful time to be a kindergarten mom. He is oblivious to most of it and for that I'm thankful. All I know to do is pray that things can be as normal as possible!

Georgia's supplies. She loved getting "real" notebooks this year.


Is it obvious orange is his favorite color? The notebook, eraser heads and post its were not on the list but he still “needed” them.

I have been pretty helpless this summer with outside maintenance. I like helping with weeds, sticks and little things that I can do to help him manage it all. But this year I've done more sitting on the porch and watching him and he hasn't complained! I appreciate that so much.

The kitties stay in our landscape that's to the side of our house most of the time. They have good cover if they need to hide. Can you find Scout? They also love climbing these cherry trees that are a good kitten size.

We put up a little corn from the Grubbs. I think it's time to invest in a deep freeze.

Happy Birthday, Marcus Paul Harrison! He reminded me this afternoon that sixteen years ago I threw a surprise sweet 16 birthday party for him. The memory calls for a sweet 16 picture from the party! His gift was his dad's '73 camaro. How fitting he was wearing a "Georgia" shirt. I'm thankful for all the years and memories with him. We love you!

This boy loves this spot on the couch, it's his favorite place in the house. I've moved to the recliner for sleeping and he stayed in there with me. Love him.

Saturday we went to Grand Rivers to eat at Patti's with the Ross's. Marcus had never been and I hadn't been since I was a teenager so it was long overdue.

Group picture right as the rain started. We had a great time despite the rain and vehicle trouble we had as we were leaving...it was a wild afternoon but we made it home and I at least got in one more restaurant experience before those days are over for a while.

Sweet friends enjoying some summer days at AKK! She loves Brinley.

This boy is a water dog. He has started throwing diving sticks to the bottom of the deep end and going and getting them. I couldn't believe he was already doing that! He wants to join the swim team next summer and is already excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment