Monday, June 8, 2020

OBA 2020 part one

We left for the beach last Saturday and couldn't wait for a getaway! I don't think I've ever anticipated a vacation as much. I understand we haven't felt the stress of the pandemic near as much as a lot of folks, but regardless, it has weighed on everyone and a vacation sounded like good medicine to me.

This is how we left Kentucky-masked and guarded! We quickly realized how different the pandemic was being handled from state to state. Our stop at a gas station for a bathroom break on the way down was Jack's first public outing since March 13th! 

It took us 8 1/2 hours to get there (we made great time considering we were loaded at 5am only to discover my Tahoe needed a new battery and we wouldn't be able to leave until 8am...) and he couldn't wait another minute to play in the ocean. That smile says it all.

Day one-I told them I needed more genuine smiles from there on out or I would just take even more pictures :) That did the trick lol!

The older I get, the less time I spend in the sun and the more I spend in the shade. I use to lay out with baby oil and go to the tanning bed and all that stuff my younger self thought she needed to do. Now I opt for some sunless tanner and SPF 50 sunscreen. I wish I could shake my younger self about those decisions lol! 

I found two maternity swimsuits that I actually love. They both came from Pink Blush. I'm not sure if they will still fit by August but I'll wear as long as I can!

The water was clear and the perfect temperature, we played in it a lot

Sweet, wave-catching babies

Finally a peach (brought from home) for my cravings! And it was delicious!

Even though we only ate in a few restaurants, we still cleaned up and put on beachy clothes most evenings to go grab ice cream or stop at a souvenir shop. 

We stayed at Seaside Beach & Racquet Club again this year. This probably makes the 4th-5th time we've stayed there. I have yet to stay anywhere that gives you the same bang for your buck. It's affordable, great location, beautiful scenery and the condos are large and clean. We love it here!
Take out for supper, then an ice cream run for our night outing! We love Matt's Ice Cream.

This boy gave us a scare on the second night we were there. He spiked a fever and started acting lethargic. Of course our mind instantly went to COVID-19. However, it appears his body was just fatigued and needed extra rest. The next day he wasn't 100% but after sleeping in and a slow start he recovered and was as good as new the next day. Thank you Jesus for protecting our boy!



Even though the resort was more crowded than normal, when I see pictures I've taken I'm reminded that where we stay isn't near as crowded and close quarters as other places. I'm so thankful for that!

We decided to go to Tacky Jack's on our second night because they were open and offered outdoor dining. It felt good to fix up a little and put on real clothes.

Just a sized up skirt from Target paired with a fitted tank and jewelry/belt/hat I already had. It was comfy and something I can continue to grow in!

Mamaw, Gran Stan and Gammy joined us for the week. We all split a three bedroom condo and it worked out great. The kids loved spending a week with their grandparents!

I wasn't as active as previous beach trips due to being in my third trimester but I did what I could to still have fun with them in the ocean and sand :)

She realized this week that she was strong enough to carry him so this was the scene a lot ha! He loved it.

Second set of pictures coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment