Sunday, December 13, 2020

A New November

Ella Kate gifted G matching Care Bear gowns for her and her Courtney. It's two of her favorite things: matching and gowns

I started back to work November 4th. I hadn't worked in an office setting since March. Of course I cried and had some anxiety about leaving him and getting back in my old routine that seemed like a lifetime ago. The first day was hard but it became easier each day. I'm thankful my mom and a close friend Kathrine are keeping him and I get to see him everyday when I take lunch. Being a working mom is the toughest job in the world. 

Jack was around but was being ornery about taking a picture so we went on without him ha! I pick my battles.

When he's not ready for bed but you've got a million things you have to do, you wheel him in the bathroom and proceed :)

Jack was exposed to COVID at school at the beginning of November and out of an abundance of caution, we decided to get him tested. This was us waiting in the car for the nurse to come swab him. It took a little while and I think they turned my Tahoe upside down.

Sweet boy received a bouquet of suckers for being so brave. Thankfully, he was negative!

Georgia had the opportunity to receive a private lesson on whoopie pie making from Chad Flener. She loves them and is always up for learning something new in the kitchen.

She loved it of course. I'm thankful for him taking time to teach her a new skill.

The Gossett girls and I (plus John) went to Gypsymoon Marketplace this year. I had never been before and it's held in stables so we felt like it would be a safe outing to take a baby. I love these women like family.

He was perfect the entire day. I'm far from a pro at baby wraps but we made it work. He was snug as a bug which he absolutely loves.

Our porch was literally falling down and with the help of men in our family and a few friends, we were able to redo our porch columns. We also did away with the railings. I was on the fence about this decision but after seeing just the columns, I was in love. I wish we had done this years ago. It made a huge improvement on our house. Next project is small shutters for my dormers!

The happiest, most content baby on the planet is this boy.

Sweet Harrison cousins in their matching pajamas after a night of family pictures

These big kids were in school before the governor shut it all down again and I randomly snapped a picture one morning. Who knew the basic ability to go to school would be in jeopardy this year. I can really get down about everything we've missed this year if I let myself but I'm thankful we are healthy. I hope this ends soon so we can get back to keeping their childhood normal.

I think this boy really wished he could join in on the Thanksgiving feast this year instead of just wear a turkey bib.

Those pouty lips are his distinctive feature. These Harrison boys and their lips!

There's some jealousy but there is love too <3

Morning loves. He's averaging 8-9 hour nights so mommy feels rested most of the time. We sure love sleeping in on Saturdays though!

Those finger dimples and saggy cheeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment