Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial is a good way to describe the weekend-it was a very memorable one. We like to keep things fun and exciting around here!
Saturday afternoon we walked to our neighbor's pond and noticed what appeared like several bug bites on Jack when we got back. By Sunday morning, he was covered in hives and very miserable from the itching. By Sunday evening we knew we had to do something so we ended up at the ER since it appeared he had an allergic reaction and we were fearing the worst. This was how it looked when we arrived at the hospital. My poor baby! He was pitiful.

Thank goodness for his mimis that provided him with lots of comfort. They gave him some steroids and Benadryl and he is on steroids for five days. Finally by Wednesday the hives are starting to go away. He is not itching near as much and my once raging roid head son has calmed down now HA! He was just so angry and irritable which I completely understand. I know he was miserable.

This was me holding him on the way to the hospital. There was no way he was going in a car seat. I'm so glad it was just an allergic reaction and that he is going to be just fine. We really don't know what caused it and probably never will. I just hope it never happens again!
  Jack was better Monday morning and since I had to miss going to the lake last year on Memorial Day to stay home with a sick kid Marcus offered to stay home with Jack so Georgia and me could go. I really appreciated him doing that and since Jack was medicated and feeling good I thought I was fine to go for a little while.

I had my first experience kayaking and I get what all the hype is about. It was so much fun! I'm sore but I expected that since I haven't worked out in YEARS. It was worth it though.


We kayaked and swam and fished and hiked and ate and pretty much left no stone unturned.

Sweet Keagen is growing from a little boy into a young man right before our eyes. It doesn't seem possible.

Eric had a carp on his line and everyone from the dock was assisting in the catch ha!

After about 15 minutes he finally got the catch!

There is a natural spring a little piece from the lake so we took a mini hike to it to drink from the "fountain of youth". We call it that because our ancestors drank from it often and they lived to be close to 100 years old. Georgia had a big time playing in the creek.

She even did some kayaking with me. We were all over that lake! We can't wait to go back real soon and I'm thankful for Uncle David allowing us to use it anytime we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment