Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Quarantined Birthday

Our lives continue to be halted as a result of the coronavirus. This marks over a month that we have been at home (the last day of school was Friday, March 13th). There have been beautiful things come from it and very sad things come from it. Our nursing home has had an outbreak with over 50 cases and so far two deaths. Their director Amy is a friend of mine and she has been on my mind and heart constantly. God chooses his biggest battles for his strongest soldiers. We are praying the end is near.

Speaking of a good thing from this, we have had time to get the garden tilled and ready to plant! This is our second year of having a garden and I have been looking forward to this day since we tilled it up last September. 

I love this picture of my man working. Mamaw and papaw gave us a new tiller for Christmas. It looks like it may be too cold this weekend to plant so I am hoping for next week.

Even though we are social distancing, mom still had an egg hunt for the kids in the yard. We all scattered and stayed outside but it was nice for the kids to have something to look forward to.

I'm not sure why she looks like a pre-teen here :(

Of course it was a competition but it didn't get too nasty lol!

Sweet Easter babies. We will probably hide eggs for a month.

This whole growing up thing is happening faster than I was prepared for.


Getting him to smile for pictures is so hard. I've decided to just start snapping.

I helped them hunt a while then I rocked a while.
We had a really warm day and I let him play with the waterhose. I looked outside and saw this.

Then I saw this. This kid belongs farther out in the country with no neighbors ha!

My birthday was Tuesday and the day started with a breakfast feast in bed-so sweet and thoughtful!

We've learned from previous breakast in bed experiences to bring enough for them too :)

We took a drive through the country as we were out running a few errands. I love driving through the country so this was a nice treat with limited birthday celebrating options.
Mamaw and Mom made sure I still had my birthday strawberry cake no matter what! I love this tradition and them for making it a special day regardless of the situation.

A sweet facetime from my nephew and niece was the best gift! Lottie Kate is in the middle of potty training so I got to hear all about her progress. Love my babies!

My thoughtful best friend Rachel made my day special with a homemade card and a flower for my garden. She knows me!

And one of my other best friend's Ash made me a sweet chalk birthday wish that included my boy Ben! So so sweet.

20 weeks-halfway there!

Bump pictures are a little more crowded these days

We couldn't leave doggy brother out!

I had a gorgeous day to celebrate my birthday. Temperature in the 70's, sunshine, a chartreuse green landscape and everything in full bloom. I love my spring birthday.

Silly faces of course

These peace signs are all I get these days. Not sure where they learned them but I'm already tired of them ha!

We ended the night with supper over the fire-can you spot my little camper?!?

I sat back and relaxed and the fam took care of the rest. Now that's living.

A campside supper with these three four is better than any restaurant

My birthday is unique because it's always during Spring Break and has often been glamorized for that reason. I've spent birthdays at Disney World, NYC, Savannah, a couple of beaches and even shared the day with Easter a few times. I have spent a birthday 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Despite all of that, this one might be the most unique. A simple birthday at home where we're healthy and safe is the best birthday gift anyway. 

My quarantined birthday was a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment