Sunday, April 5, 2020

Halfway There

I had a checkup and ultrasound on Tuesday. Baby #3 looks perfectly healthy! He/she is measuring 20 weeks, 4 days which is a week earlier than my original EDD (this would give me a DD of 8/14/20). The US tech commented that "Guys, I just think we have a big baby" ha! She was able to record the gender for medical purposes but she was able to keep it from us so we still have a secret! :)
Receiving medical care during the coronavirus pandemic is a scary time. Marcus was able to attend my US but will not be able to attend anymore prenatal appointments with me until further notice. In order to enter the hospital, we were both met at the door by healthcare workers who took our temperature, asked us a short questionnaire of our current health and travel history, and checked their records to make sure our purposes for entering the facility matched the records. With each passing day it appears more and more likely that we will still be feeling the effects of this crisis when it is time for me to deliver. I trust God and I know He will take care of the baby and me. I also have a sound mind to know that I need to be extra careful from now until August to ensure we stay safe. Even if the restrictions are lifted, I will most likely be hesitant to return to normal life. 

I have amazing friends that check on me and do thoughtful things during this difficult time. Ash dropped off my favorite cake, a Gina strawberry cake, to me this week just because. What a perfect way to show love and friendship from a distance!
This was after the first afternoon and it was gone by the weekend! Love you Ash.

Here are a few scenes of our latest quarantine shenanigans:
Breakfast on the porch. These two LOVE a picnic, anytime and any meal. Even sticky, messy, homemade pancakes.

Jack took this sweet picture of Owen one morning (amongst about 30 other random pictures). We love our doggy brother!

The evening after our ultrasound appointment, the kids pulled out their ultrasound pictures so we could compare all three babies. Georgia looked the most like our new baby from the profile pictures. The new US pictures are a little earlier than some of theirs so we will compare again at my next US. This picture just makes me want to cry happy tears. How did I ever earn the status of being a mom to these three precious children? I don't deserve it but I'll be thankful the rest of my life for these blessings.

Our slowdown has given this girl more time to do what she loves. She is working on perfecting a pumpkin cupcake. Pumpkin is her favorite flavor.

Our Disney memories from four years ago are popping up this week. It's hard to imagine that WDW is closed. At least looking back at these memories brings a smile to our face. 

Every afternoon at 4pm, Governor Andy does a briefing on the coronavirus in Kentucky. Georgia has taken an interest in watching and learning about what's going on in our world right now.

Saturday morning I made a french toast recipe from my childhood. It was just as good as I remembered it and the kids loved it, especially G! I think it will become a staple in our kitchen.

Saturday afternoon we practiced social distancing by fishing at our Uncle David's pond. Mamaw and Papaw live next door so of course they had to join us but kept their distance.


This picture is so special to me. Papaw is 81. I'm so glad my kids get to experience a childhood with great-grandparents.
We caught a few good size blue gill but this catch was the funniest! It was almost as big as our bait and could be used as bait. They didn't care, any catch was a win to them. And yes, Jack boy is about to pass his sister in height-he has hit a growth spurt recently!

They sure love their mama and climbing all over her :)

We tried to get a picture to show my growing belly. That's hard to do when you have two growing kids too :)

Daddy teaching Jack how it's done

 A quick selfie to capture a family memory from our fun day. Jack NEVER smiles for family pictures ha!

Brave girl holding the fish that she caught. She has a heart for animals of all shapes and sizes. We had to make sure and get them back in the water in a timely matter or this girl would panic.

The quarantine life continues. I have loved the being #healthyathome side and focusing on family time. I have hated the worry and fear this crisis has caused, and the loss that so many people are experiencing. I'm praying the peak is near and we can start the recovery from this soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment