Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Jack Turns Five!

We celebrated another quarantine birthday in our family. We had already decided to have a pool party in May like we did last year so he wasn't bothered by the COVID crisis and we didn't bring attention to it. He was unphased and I'm so thankful for that! 

I always take a picture of the kids the night before their birthday. His last night as a four year old.

As soon as he was in bed, Georgia and I started on his homemade cake. He wants a pirate pool party and told me the day before his actual birthday to use the pirate decorations we already had. We improvised and did the best we could with limited cake decorating skills.

Jack's birthday was on Easter this year which he was so excited about! When the pandemic started and we realized we would not be attending normal church on his Easter birthday, we still wanted to make sure he knew how special this day was and how blessed he was to share the day with the resurrection of our Savior. Our sweet, new neighbors surprised the kids with an egg hunt Sunday morning. They made us personalized eggs with their names on it and "He's Alive". Thank you Inmans for the act of kindness and giving him a gift that celebrated both things! 

His family party of four decorations. He was excited!

Lots of accessories to hide lots of imperfections :)

My favorite picture I've taken in a long while. How lucky are we to have a happy and healthy five year old boy to celebrate!

My birthday gift has become his new love and mom and dad's new form of anxiety. Goodness he loves it so much already. We almost got him one for Christmas but it didn't work out so we decided we would look again for his birthday. We found a good deal and pulled the trigger. We were told they are no longer making 50 size four-wheelers and that 2019 would be the last model. I was set on nothing bigger than a 50 so I'm glad we finally found one!

Just look at those eyes! I also love that underneath his camo coat and boots are his Easter bunny pajamas :)

Since we were home all day, he shot some hoops with Dad on his new ball goal from Ma and Pa. 

A few screenshots of him riding from videos that I have taken. He seems to be a very good driver. He took off and hasn't looked back. We already have ruts in the yard and rules for where he can and can't go. 

I have to include this for documentation sake. This happened within the first five minutes. Talk about giving us a heart attack. We promptly dialed down the throttle to the lowest setting. Raising a boy isn't for the weary.

He fell asleep at 5:30pm. That never happens. Such a tired boy after a day of celebrating!

Our local online newspaper started featuring "Good News" during the COVID crisis and I was excited to see this pop up on my news feed! Thank you BtN for remembering the good things too!

Even though we remained #healthyathome for his birthday, that didn't stop our friends and family from helping make the day special for him. He received several texts/messages, facetimes, birthday videos and even some porch gifts and "drive-by" visits. He was so excited when someone new would show up for him! I'll never forget these acts of kindness during a difficult cirumstance.

Happy 5th Birthday, Jack Porter Harrison. I hope I never forget as he was making the final lap in the yard on his birthday night the words "Remember mom, you're sleeping with me tonight". He's tough and tender, and this mom thinks he's the perfect mix. We love you so much! Thank you God for the blessing you gave us in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment