Sunday, May 10, 2020

Fishing and The End of School

The garden is completely in the ground. We had a freeze warning last night so we had to get out every bucket and bed sheet we could find to cover our garden plants and flowers. Thankfully, everything survived! From right to left: Row 1-tomatoes, Row 2-peppers, Row 3-cucumbers/okra, Row 4-squash/zucchini and Row 5-green beans/spinach. Everything was planted on April 22nd except the okra, I planted them on May 4th. I just love our little garden!
Besides the cold snap this weekend, the weather has been picture perfect. We spend our days outside as much as we can. I was outside with Jack and G had decided to go in and read and look who I seen looking out at us from the upstairs playroom window! Sweet babies.

We went fishing behind our house one afternoon. This is our neighbor's pond and they let us fish it which we appreciate. Our poor son has no personality.

She looks so big to me here. She picked out her outfit for our little fishing trip, I thought she nailed it except we all needed boots because of the ticks! She's growing up on me.

They were going boat fishing with Poppa later in the week so we thought it would be good to get some practice in.

My kids have turned into fishing snobs, they think they have to be in a boat on a lake or it's not worth it ha! But I can't argue when they catch 77 fish!! They were so proud of themselves.

We need haircuts asap but he is in his element when he's on the water!

Deenie caught this precious moment in the boat. A big thanks to Poppa and Deenie for including them on their fishing trip.

First grade completed, second grade here she comes! She had a great year, thanks to Mrs. Willoughby for her nurturing and teaching and all of the NBES staff for caring for our girl and pushing her to reach her potential. She'll be ready for the next chapter come July, August, September...whenever it is, she's ready!

This is her new favorite pose. I have a feeling she will enjoy looking back at these expressions :)

At our last NTI packet pickup, we were accidentally given a second grade packet. She was on day three before we even realized it so we just did it. She was challenged and didn't love every minute of it, but I know it was good for her.

My goodness this is happening fast. We will never forget the year we finished school at home in pajamas.

Last day of K and last day of 1st grade. It will be Jack's turn in the fall to begin his first and last day school pictures. Someone hold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment