Friday, May 1, 2020

A Checkup and Eighty

A new month has rolled around along with the feeling that the days of the covid crisis may be getting close to being behind us. I don't know if that's true or if it's the fact that I've stopped watching the news and keeping up with it. Either way, it's farther out of my mind and I feel like we can start to make plans for the future when things resume to normal.

For the time being, we continue with a modified way of life. We transitioned to a NTI, homeschool format on March 16th and my staff has continued to feed our students throughout the pandemic. They have rolled with all the punches and embraced constant change. I couldn't be more proud of what we have been able to accomplish during this pandemic. It's hard being essential and on the front line in these times, but they are the best and always do more than what's expected. 

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. This was my first time in public since my previous appointment four weeks ago. My doctor was impressed, he said you really are hunkering down ha!

Up four pounds, BP 100/63 and the baby's heart rate was 154. Everything looked great. The only disappointing part was hearing my doctor say he isn't confident that things will be back to normal in the healthcare world to allow for hospital visitors when I deliver. Marcus would be allowed to be there but that would be it. I instantly thought of Georgia and Jack. They will be devastated if they can't be there, especially since we are waiting to find out the gender. I know there are worse things and a lot can change between now and then. I'm trying to stay positive!

Tuesday, we met Ruthie in real life. Still no touching or holding but at least we were able to lay eyes on her. She is a tiny beauty!

We took them supper and the kids played together in the yard. Georgia is going to be an amazing big sis (again). She just followed Lots around and did whatever she wanted to do. She is the best.

Lottie Kate had to show us her sister :) You can tell we are living in covid times, Lottie has hand sanitizer in her hair LOL

We put a hair mask on sis's hair this week because it was just a tangled mess. Brother had to have one too. We are about to be too big to bathe together anymore, there is no room in that tub between them and their one million toys.

80 years ago today in Leonard Oak, Kentucky, my mamaw was born into a family that had very little but worked hard for everything they had. You can still find her working in the garden or sweeping her porch; her and papaw get more done in a day than most do in a week. She taught me how to garden, fix cornbread and sew. She loves God, her family, Aberdeen Church and a tidy home. I'm thankful for all the years God has given me with her. Happy Birthday, Mamaw!
That was my facebook post from yesterday and here are some pictures in honor of my mamaw:
She asked me to do the fashion show at the nursing home with her! This was 2007.

Strawberry patch picking

Mamaw and newborn Georgia

Beach trip 2007

My wedding day

Learning how to make her world famous cornbread! I have finally perfected it.

I didn't know what to get her, especially considering I can't go shopping and deliveries on everything are delayed. I got on my Walmart click-list app and thought maybe there would be some Pioneer Woman things that would fit her. I hit the jackpot! I found these towels and eight floral placemats. She loved them. She said I needed new placemats. I agreed,  I'm pretty sure the ones she uses are 30 years old.

To add to the craziness in the world, I was brushing Georgia's teeth and discovered she has an extra tooth coming in BEHIND a permanent tooth. What in the world?!? We have a follow-up orthodontal appointment scheduled for Tuesday so we will address it then. Our dentist recommended we start seeing an ortho now due to some issues she has such as missing teeth (or what we thought were missing teeth) and a few other things. We will see what needs to happen next.

Today, Wick came over for a playdate and they all had the best time. My kids love a picnic on the porch and wanted him to experience it too! They jumped on the trampoline, put on their swimsuits and slid on the slipping slide, rode all the riding toys and ate ha! We will all sleep good tonight.

I ordered new chair cushions for our back porch. Sis matched so we had to take a picture. Her freckles are already popping and she looks ten to me in this picture. Her daddy came home and asked who the teenager was he received a picture of on his phone :)

Cousins and friends for life <3

Georgia also had a zoom meeting with her teacher and some of her classmates today. She's right in the middle grinning ear to ear. She is going to miss Mrs. Willoughby and her classmates, especially since their time together was cut short.

Let the weekend begin! Tomorrow looks like it's going to be gorgeous, I hope we can spend as much time outside as we possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment