Friday, May 15, 2020

Mother's Day, Shanty Hollow and More Ruthie

We celebrated Mother's Day this year quarantined at home. No special church service, no restaurant meal, no day trip. But it was my favorite Mother's Day. I received this sweet note and hand picked flowers (and petals) on Saturday, a day early because they were so excited to celebrate me so why not start early! She has such a servant heart.

Marcus had said that they probably wouldn't do breakfast in bed for me because he went hunting that morning but that did not stop Georgia. She insisted I have breakfast in bed! She got up early and went and found everything she could fix for breakfast without supervision and served it to me. This may very well be my favorite Mother's Day gift of all time <3 

For dinner, I had a steak meal (sides not pictured because they weren't ready and I was ready to dig in ha!) from the Big Green Egg-I'll take that over any restaurant.

The day ended with a drawn bath, candles and rose petals from our rose bush (kids' idea and they picked them). I am the luckiest mom and wife!

Just for documentation sake-I love that at seven, she reads a chapter in a chapter book at night before bed and does not like her wet hair on her pillow, so she puts a towel on her pillow instead :) Also note her first trophy to the left, she was so excited to receive it for her cheer season!

Jack went fishing again with Poppa and Deenie to Lake Malone. It looks like he did more than fish ha! It was a very hot day and he was tuckered out by the time he came home that afternoon.

We social distanced at Shanty Hollow Lake on Friday. The kids have found interest in hiking. They also purposely matched for the outing-be still my heart.

We left them wade in the lake after we hiked.

We love the outdoors, especially when we can retreat to a beautiful place like this that is just up the road from us.

Of course he ended up shirtless ha!

On our way home from Shanty Hollow Lake, we visited Paige and her family. We decided to allow cousin hugs and these girls were so excited for it! Lottie is Paige's twin. I feel like I'm looking at my sister as a little girl when I look at her! She is in a phase where she wants to wear Bo's clothes :) 

I FINALLY got to hold my niece! I sanitized and wore a mask. I didn't realize how tricky it was to wear a mask but also look at a baby; when you look down, the mask comes up ha! It felt so good to hold her and check her out real good. She's our little princess!

These three end up completely filthy when they are together. 

It feels like summer is almost here and we couldn't be happier for warm weather. There are days that things almost feel normal and that's a welcome retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment