I stopped doing monthly posts after her first birthday but I think it's time for a little return to tradition at the 15 month marker. A lot happens in 3 months of life! Plus I have dearly missed taking her picture in her rocker with her chalkboard every month so this gave me a great excuse to do it again except we created a "big girl" version.
- You weigh 20 pounds and are 30 inches tall. You are wearing 12 month clothing and a size 5 shoe. You wear size 3 diapers. You are petite and perfectly you!
- You vocabulary has really broadened in the last 3 months. You are saying around 15-20 words. You still have a lot of baby jabber too that is so precious to hear. One of the funniest things you do is when you go to leave a room, you point your finger at us and say "Right back" ha! And you've just started saying "Love you" but Aunt Shanna is the chosen one and is the only one that has heard that.
- For the past few months bath time has not been a happy time until last week. We gave you a bubble bath (using your baby soap) and you had a big time and there were no tears! We think your bath fear was related to your ears so hopefully we have turned the corner.
- Your new favorite expression is this huge squinty eye grin. You use it a lot and you're smart about using it to your advantage.
- You have 8 teeth: 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. You can eat pretty much anything now as long as it is small bites. You actually really love meat and it appears you will prefer the salty foods like your daddy. Sweets are kind of take it or leave it with you. You also love prunes, cheese (long time favorite), beans, carrots, and spaghetti.
- Bedtime is around 9p and on good nights you sleep until time for daddy to leave for work which is around 7:20a. Sleep has been somewhat disrupted over the past quarter but we're hoping that will resolve soon. We don't have much of a bedtime schedule right now but I know that will come with time. You are taking one big 2-2 1/2 hour nap every day.
- You continue to take a bottle but you can drink from a straw sippy so we are (very) gradually weaning you. You still have a bottle whenever you want one but we offer the sippy often so that it will become routine for you.
- You can tell us where eyes, nose, mouth, and ears (most of the time) are.
- You are fast and into everything! You will run from daddy when he chases you, climb on anything you are big enough and you can create a mess in 1.243423 seconds flat. Your new trick is using Owen as a stepping stool by climbing on his back and then climbing up onto the couch.
- You love going to church and anywhere in public. You are quite the crowd pleaser with your parade-style wave and frequent "Hiddy" salutations.
- You are an excellent car rider. You love to travel and go places. You are quite the busy body but a good car ride calms and usually lulls you right to sleep. Traveling with you has been very easy.
- Your favorite toys-kitchen, table and chairs (you REALLY enjoy climbing on top of your table), baby and stroller, LeapFrog Shapes & Sharing Picnic Basket, my ink pens (ha!), plush monkey, inflatable castle ball pit and Laugh & Learn farm.
That is chalk on her nose and forehead after she decided to use the chalkboard as a hat :)
We are 1/4 of the way through year two of your life. How that is possible I have no idea! These days are so fleeting and we try to cherish every moment that we can. The good, the hard, the easy, the trying. I know we will miss them when this stage of life transitions into the next.
We love you so much! More than you will ever know or comprehend. Our worlds revolve around what is best for you and what we can do to give you the best life possible. I pray for you everyday and thank God for allowing me to be your mother.
Happy 15 months, Georgia Grace Harrison! Let's take it a little slower these next 3 months shall we? :)