Thursday, September 24, 2020

School Days


My kiddos have sweet teachers that have sent and posted pictures of the kids from our school days this year. I also have a few other school-related ones that I wanted to share.
The night before the first day of school and baby brother checking out his crib for the first time. I didn't realize when I bought those school pajamas how valuable they would be with so much school happening from home in our actual pjs!

We have a slew of back to school and the night before school books we read every year. John Parker was able to join the tradition this year!

Jack and his Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Cindy. We think the world of Cindy and just love her. She was also Georgia's kindergarten teacher. We feel extremely blessed that she is the first teacher for both of our big kids.

Ms. Haley is student teaching in Jack's classroom this semester and we love her too! She is going to be a fantastic teacher and hopefully she will be able to stick around at NBES.

On the first day of virtual school, the kids were able to go to school with Marcus and meet with their teachers. He took this sweet picture of them working on Jack's "About Me" in his classroom. Big sister is sure to hold him accountable :)

Even though these are not ideal times, class sizes are smaller (especially K classes) and lends to more one-on-one time with each student. As a parent, I'm very thankful for that!

Mom bought the kids blue light glasses and this boy thinks he needs to wear them all the time ;) They are too cute to tell him any different.

Ella Kate and Jack. These two have been together since they were two years old. They are in the same kindergarten class and the mommies are very happy about that! I hope these two always stay close and look out for each other. 

Ms. Haley, Jack and Ms. Cindy. I pray they have the best year together!

Georgia and her second grade teacher, Mrs. Gleichauf. She also has a student teacher, Ms. Katy, that we need to get a picture with. We love them both and Georgia is already loving being in their classroom.

A luau theme in Ms. Cindy's class! Every child's desk is their own island for social distancing.

Hard at work on his island gluing and coloring

Can't you tell this activity was right up his alley!?

Painting time

Marcus looked out his classroom window and saw our sweet girl reading a book during a mask break outside. I'm so glad she gets mask breaks now and then!

I have been able to pick up the kids from school while I'm on maternity leave (they usually ride home with dad) and they like being pickups. They just look so big to me here :(

Jack's kindergarten class (A group, last names A-J). This picture is taken behind the school on a nature trail and I think it is just the sweetest! He has friends in his class and he has already made new friends.

Working on shapes. I love how proud he looks in this picture and he loved writing on his desk.

I'm not sure how his teachers are getting some genuine smiles out of my boy but I need to know their secret!

A big accomplishment! He works on Lexia at school and at home. Lexia really helped Georgia with learning phonics and I'm hopeful Jack will benefit too.

This was some of Georgia's work she brought home one day. It made me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment