Thursday, February 5, 2015

31 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of baby: Jack is the size of 4 navel oranges (interesting comparison!)
Total Weight Gain: Gained 14 lbs (*I gained 17 pounds at 31 weeks with Georgia Grace)
Maternity Clothes: Wearing lots of dresses and long tops with leggings. I'm trying to make regular clothes work in a size bigger than my normal.
Gender: It's a boy! Jack Porter Harrison
Movement: I've started my nightly kick counts and even though he has an hour to reach 10 kicks he's usually done in about two minutes! Try going to sleep with a kung fu fighter in your belly!
Sleep: See above. It takes a while for him to calm down when I lay down and I'm having a hard time getting comfortable but once I fall asleep I'm down for the count.
Cravings: fruit juice, salty foods
Symptoms: Maybe some braxton hicks contractions this week, I can't say for sure. I've never been one to be able to tell if I'm contracting or if the baby is just moving. Some inner thigh pain and tiredness.
Best Moment this week: Getting extra rest over the weekend and doing a little nesting.
 
We are just 66 days from our April 12th due date. I'm starting to get the "I just don't see you making it to April" comments ha! I really don't mind them, it's just reassurance I'm growing a healthy baby.

As the due date draws nearer, I'm finding the energy to get some small projects finished around the house that won't get attention once Jack is here. I have needed to organize GGH's closets since we moved and finally did it this week. Lucky girl has two full size closets so this is our everyday closet and the other is for big coats, out of season and outgrown clothes.

The little colorful bins are what we put our weekly outfits in. On Sunday afternoons I pick out her outfits and accessories for the week and every night we sit out the appropriate bin for the next day. Huge time saver! However I've realized it won't be long before our big girl clothes, shoes, etc outgrow the little bins :(

Happy Friday all! Hopefully I'll have a post Monday about our follow-up trip to Ikea!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment