Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Oh February

Marcus and I were talking about our favorite months (his-June and April; mine-July and October) and we decided February is probably both our least favorite month. We're usually starting to get tired of winter by this point and there seems to be a lot of sickness. We both enjoy doing things outdoor and traveling which isn't as easy in February due to weather. But we're trying to make the most of it and make it a fun month! I think we've even decided to celebrate Valentine's Day this year to honor our probable last real date night before becoming a family of four.

Saturday we didn't have any plans so we decided it was the best time to head back to Ikea to get the rest of the things we need to furnish our house. We were fortunate and they had everything in stock that we needed-woohoo! We felt like seasoned Ikea shoppers this time around and learned how to avoid the crowds and long lines.
 
Here's a few things we came home with- 
I fell in love with this rug the last time and didn't pull the trigger. When we realized we would be making another trip I knew this rug and I were destined for each other :) This will go in our playroom and it's so adorable! I know it's a faux pas to put a rug on carpet (my husband was sure to remind me of this ha!) but it's so cute I don't even care.
 
The kids bath is huge and we had a bare wall just needing something to hug it. I'm really excited about this piece and how I can use it.

We've made a lot of progress on the house since we moved in. I feel like everyday something new gets hung on the wall or I find a piece we need. We still lack some big things like a rug in the living room and nightstands in our master bedroom but I'm holding off for the perfect ones.
 
When we got home Saturday afternoon, we picked up sis from my mom and our cousin Keagen came over for a slumber party. He had the honors of reading bedtime stories to her as part of our bedtime routine. Please note the sponge rollers and one sock on one sock off :) The sponge rollers didn't make it through the night and we found the sock before putting her in her crib.
 
Sunday was a day at home for us. GGH spiked a fever during the night and was pretty pitiful the whole day. We thought she was better Monday but her fever came back after her nap so we called and got her an afternoon appointment. She is being treated for the flu :( They gave her a penicillin and steroid shot and she feels so much better! Shots are no fun but she's an awful medicine taker so this was the best option for us. We are ready for spring!

Speaking of spring, since I am due the week of Easter I knew these gowns were just meant to be for us. I'm going to have a ball coordinating these two while they don't have outfit opinions! We will see if Jack decides to come before or after (or on) Easter. Either way we will be wearing them all spring!

I'm sure we will spend most of our time at home this week getting GGH well and making sure I don't catch the bug. I'm going to make the most of the extra cuddles and snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment