Monday, April 25, 2016

Two Week Highlight Reel

We packed the month of April about as full as you can get it so I have some belated posts that are coming but I need to do a post of just our normal every day stuff before I get too far behind.

1. My Instagram caption for this photo-"Mommy, is Jack using my toothbrush?" Umm, maybe. #oops #hisdidntmakeitbackfromdisney
2. Jack's jammies are an all-time favorite. And a few friends on IG pointed out how it looks like he is flexing! Hilarious!
3. I live in jammies at home. As soon as we get home each day and if I know we are in for the night, I change into my pajamas. The spring and summer months kind of complicate that because we normally play outside so I may delay it then but this is my mommy uniform most of the time.

A mermaid laying in the sand. She's really into mermaids right now. She has narrowed it down to two things that she wants to be when she grows up, either a dentist or a mermaid. I'll be proud whatever she decides.


Georgia always wants to go places and stay the night at everyone's house. Shanna planned a slumber party for her last weekend and she was so excited for it. She requested makeup and a bubble bath followed by movies in bed. She already knows what's good in life!

This was actually the first night Georgia and Jack had been apart since we brought Jack home from the hospital. This video turned me into a puddle.


When your birthday always falls on spring break, the celebration gets delayed a few weeks. My sweet co-workers gave me a Baskin Robbins cake, they're the best!


Our twin friends Kypton and Erica celebrated their 6th birthday last weekend with a painting/racing party. Georgia loves the twinsies and loved painting and riding their RZR.


She was the smallest one there but acted as big as the other kids. She was so serious about her painting.


They started playing outside at preschool this week and it was the best thing ever according to Georgia girl. I think this is her monkey face on the monkey bars.


Her first day of playschool. Playschool is a program they offer to preschoolers in our community by our local high school that allows a child development class to teach and take care of them for half a day. I went to playschool so it was nostalgic for me. She didn't cry and would have been totally fine if I had dropped her off at the curb, she made new friends (mostly the high schoolers) and loved that she had homework to do. She can't wait to go back next week.


Her new high school friend, Gracie. These two hit it off right from the start!


Jack has never been a fan of hats until his Pa brought him this one and then he didn't want to take it off. We need a hat for the beach so I may put Pa in charge of that.

I sent this to my brother Cody and he said it made his day. We haven't seen him since Christmas and only get to see him a handful of times each year. I was so thankful that she remembered where he lived. She loves her Uncle Cody!


A couple of months ago I saw where the Country Living Fair was coming to Nashville and I just knew that my friend Rachel and I had to go. We bought our tickets, made arrangements for our kids and other obligations and took off for a girl's day!


The weather was perfect, the shopping was choice and the crowds were light since we beat the weekend rush. We had no complaints and lots of fun.


We met the Country Living magazine Editor-in-Chief, Rachel Hardage Barrett! We told her we were glad she chose a Kentuckyesque cover for derby month.


Speaking of horses, I loved this display of horse ribbons. It got me thinking about all of my old ribbons from various activities and none of mine look like these. Mine were the $.15 ones with generic "third place" on them in gold. I should have rode horses!

Marcus killed his first turkey Saturday morning! This was his third season to hunt and he was so excited about his bird. I was so proud of him!

Proud daddy and babies. The babes and I were home having a slow morning when Marcus called and said to meet him at his parents so we could see his turkey. I dressed Jack but Georgia wanted to stay in her jammies which just so happened to be a princess gown :)

I have a feeling she will be joining him in the woods some day.

All the men talking manly stuff I'm sure and field dressing the turkey.

Saturday afternoon we celebrated our best bud Roman's 2nd birthday. These three had a ball playing on the swing set, riding vehicles and tattling on each other ha!
 
That is what fun looks like!

Sunday morning Marcus went back hunting and doubled up with our brother-in-law Jake! They shot them at the same time. This has been a top five 'best weekend ever' for Marcus no doubt.


We were in the nursery at church on Sunday so we hung out with these two and the boys. The courtyard playground area was the place to be.

While brother napped, sister did some independent play in her water table. She asked if she could get in it and she spent about an hour playing in the table. She plays with other kids well but she also appreciates time to herself to use her imagination and explore. 

The school year is winding down and we have lots of fun summer plans that we are looking forward to. We're already enjoying our longer days. My extra, grass stained laundry is evidence of that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment