Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Big Girl Bed

It might say May on the calendar but a cold front has come through and we are all about to freeze to death. Our warm March and April months spoiled us! I will be elated to have my sunny and 75 degree days back.


Jack boy is a teething bear these days. I know they hurt him and it just makes him cranky and emotional. I took Georgia Grace to dance and he stayed at Grandmomma's. He loves being outside but settled for a window view with Granddad. I'm hoping our window of teething is about to close!

We enjoyed some time outside playing before the temperatures dropped. Georgia has never been very comfortable on motorized vehicles. She built up the courage to drive it all the way down our driveway but requested her Daddy's hand while she did it :)

We do a lot of sidewalk chalk on the porch. It's a constant battle keeping the chalk out of Jack's mouth.


Happy to be outside and playing

I'm suppose to put makeup on this sweet face for her recital this weekend and it's killing me softly. I will be a terrible mom of teenagers. Please don't grow up too fast sister.

I don't take enough profile pictures of her. She has a perfect one according to her mama.

Saturday we attended our cousin Payton's graduation from Western Kentucky University. She received her Bachelor's degree in three years and graduated Summa Cum Laude. We are so proud of her!

I told her there are very few people I would wrangle two babies for 2 1/2 hours for but she is one of them :) She loves my babies so much and watches them for me every chance she gets. We were happy to celebrate the accomplishment with her!

He was skeptical but gave the graduation a thumbs up anyway :)

Nailed the family photo! At least we are all five in the picture :)

Jack recently decided he despises his high chair so I gave Georgia's booster seat a try and he was so much happier. Now they can both watch me cook and eat while I cook so they are not hungry for the meal. Happens every time.

This week has been a HUGE week for Georgia Grace. Sweet girl has been sleeping in her crib since she moved from a bassinet by the side of our bed at 12 weeks old. She has always been an excellent sleeper and has never tried to climb out of her crib or give us any reason to "change what's not broken". About a month ago (when we got back from Disney) she started talking about big girl beds. We knew then our crib days were coming to a close.

Her last night in her crib. This is where she rested for the first 3 1/2 years of her little life. She loved her crib. She felt safe and protected. Mommy and Daddy felt reassured that she was comfortable and secure. I have been sentimental about this as I have been every milestone we have hit. But it was time and I'm thankful we were able to ride the crib train as long as we did.

Here she was at 15 months old taking a 3 1/2 hour nap in her crib. I miss these days but wouldn't  trade preschool Georgia for anything.

And then this happened. It's probably my best piece of video footage I've captured of her. A little background on the bed-it was my mom's bedroom suite (there's also a dresser and mirror) from the 1960's that was passed down to me, then my sister and now Georgia Grace. We moved it to our house last weekend and Marcus came home yesterday afternoon and got everything set up so we could surprise her with it.

She was off the charts excited about her new big girl bed! We are one night in and she slept all night no problems. I pray the transition continues to be seamless for her. This milestone has made my heart swell. The nostalgia of it all is something special. 

I mean she was just the happiest. Sugar, honey, marshmallows, rainbows, ponies and puppies kind of happy. This night will be etched in my mind forever.

I tried to get a normal sleepy picture of her before I turned the light out but she couldn't stop smiling :) I like this one best.

No comments:

Post a Comment