Monday, December 9, 2013

A Harrison Christmas

I have been slowly decorating our house since Black Friday and I finally finished everything this weekend. Decorating the house in a timely fashion isn't very timely with a baby! But alas it's all up and it feels like Christmas in our little country home. I didn't pull out everything this year due to lack of space and a curious one year old but my favorites have all found a spot. 

I'm starting with the main event. I love our tree! I stuck to my roots with the traditional ornaments, tartan plaid ribbon, and round bead garland and paired it with some deco mesh for a more dramatic effect. I love/hate deco mesh. Love the look, hate the arranging! They sell pre-lit trees, maybe they will come out with pre-meshed trees? :)

Some of my favorite ornaments this year-
My MIL gifts us a family ornament and a baby ornament every year and gives them to us over Thanksgiving so we can use them all season. This year Georgia Grace's ornament is a shoe representing her new walking skills she mastered in 2013!

This is the 2013 family ornament and it's soooo adorable! Both ornaments are from Ornament Shop.

Of course our tree had to have some Kentucky blue.

And Marcus' team teacher and our church friend Janet found this for us at Glendale Days so we had her pick it up for us. It's like an ornament made just for us.

This is the same as last year but I still wanted a picture nonetheless. We use our fireplace every night during the winter. It takes cozy to a whole different level. It's looking like we may have a rough winter so I'm sure it will get plenty of use this season. Since Marcus and I are only doing stockings this year I expect my sock to be overflowing with goodness in a few short weeks! 

My favorite thing to decorate in our house is our "green cabinet". I change it up with every season and it's just a perfect display shelf. This year I stuck with the classics-Spode, holly leaves, tin cookie cutters, DIY Anthropologie snow globes, and a first Christmas framed photo.

This is definitely "Pinspired" chalkart but I freehanded it and it turned out better than I ever expected. I received my first B in Art in 4th grade and I like to think of this as my redemption :)

Just a simple wreath hung over our mirror but I love the little touch of Christmas it adds to the room. But I don't love the fingerprints on the mirror so just ignore those :)

I feel like reindeer decor/clothing is really in this year and I love this one I picked up our first Christmas together. The reindeer, christmas tree print and wooden manger are all TJ Maxx finds. I like the simplicity of this space.

We also kept it simple outside with just some wreaths in the window/door and garland and bows on the railing. I took this photo during the ice storm so you will notice our flag is frozen stiff wrapped up in itself and our hedge is doing some major drooping. Snow would have been much prettier!

 I forgot to take a picture of my dining room table and now it is the gift wrap station so just imagine a tartan plaid tablecloth and a candle topiary with woven greenery and there you have it :)

The 2013 Christmas home tour is complete! What a wonderful four Christmases we have had in our first 'Harrison Homeplace'. So many memories and so many firsts have happened inside those walls. I will be sad to close this chapter of our lives. We are so proud of this place.

Tomorrow night is our Christmas meal at church and this weekend is our Christmas parade and Christmas Cantata. The Christmas cards are rolling in and wrapped presents are starting to cover the tree skirt. Favorite Christmas movies are getting watched and the gift list is getting shorter and shorter. It is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment