Friday, December 13, 2013

Tis The Season

It's 12 days until Christmas and our calendars are full of our favorite seasonal traditions. We are busy but it's the good kind of busy filled with activities that are life giving and that celebrate the greatest story ever told. 

This week has been a fun one starting with an unexpected snow day. This was my view as I headed into work early Tuesday morning (Mom-I had just pulled out of my driveway and I was in park. Had to give a disclaimer-safety first!). This was probably the peak of the snow accumulation but it did make for an interesting commute over bridges and two lane roads.

Daddy and Georgia Grace spent their snow day in jams visiting AKK friends. The big bear that has made an appearance in a couple of photos is Aunt Shanna's but GGH has kind of taken him over for now. She loves to run up to him and just fall in his lap. It's precious.


She has had a change of heart concerning Santa (a 5 foot fake dancing Santa mind you) and has come all the way around to giving him kisses! A far cry from our scene two weeks ago. She's back on the nice list :)
I should also mention that this girl said her own name this week! It's not completely clear but you could for sure hear the "Jor" and the "Ja" sounds. She makes me proud everyday!

This week has been the week of the deliveries. I would guess 90% of my Christmas shopping has been online this year so you can imagine the excitement coming home to stacks of packages like this!

Wednesday night our church had our annual holiday meal and the children's choir had their play "Stranger in a Manger". Such a cute performance that I have seen time and time again but it never gets old. All of the kids did so great!

For the meal the older mature ladies in the church each decorate a table. There's a wide variety of Christmas, Thanksgiving, kids-themed, I even saw a Duck Dynasty themed Christmas spread.  Such a neat tradition that I look forward to every year.

I had to snap a picture of our AKK friend Thomas. He made a beeline to Georgia Grace as soon as we got there. He is such a little model!! He was very proud of his bowtie and Georgia Grace had to check it out.

This girl right here has turned into an eating machine this week. You will notice her tray is empty and that's because I couldn't give her bites fast enough! I feel like her appetite has doubled. Now if only we can start liking our sippy cup this much...

I snapped this of my angel baby when we got home from church. It was a one nap day so she fell asleep on the way home from church in her peacoat and hat. I could stare at this picture forever. She's perfect.

Last night after we put the baby to bed, the kitchen was clean and the laundry was caught up, I took my Christmas spirit up a notch by kicking back and watching one of my favorite Christmas movies, Home Alone. I wanted to document this because I want to remember this view for years to come. While I spend a lot of time wishing we had a bigger house or that the next step in building a home would be provided, it's moments like this that remind me of how great our little home is. It may not be a big home but I bet you won't find a cozier one!

And because I am a creature of habit and love my Five On Friday routine, here is a mini version to cover the amazing weekend we have in store.
1. Tonight is the "1st Annual Gammy's Christmas Sleepover"! Our Christmas jams are packed and our bellies are ready for some yummy sleepover food.
2. Our slumber party was scheduled because Marcus is going out of town this weekend with my BIL to go bear hunting. Eric's hometown is having their first ever bear hunt and they think there may be one on their land. He has been looking forward to this so much.
3. Big news-Marcus has completed his Masters Degree! I am so proud of him. His graduation for his Masters would be Saturday but he thinks he would rather bear hunt instead ha! I will post a picture of him with his degree once he receives it in the mail. We are so happy he has this chapter of grad school complete. I'm thankful for the sacrifices he makes to give us the best life.
4. Our town's Christmas parade is rescheduled for Sunday. Georgia Grace was 5 weeks old for the parade last year so I'm excited to see her reaction this year.
5. Sunday (Saturday too) is our church's Christmas Cantata called "An Aberdeen Christmas". If you are local you really should come hear some of the best singing and instrumental music anywhere around. It's not really Christmas for us until we have seen "An Aberdeen Christmas" each year. Goosebumps galore. Your heart will be warmed and full of the Christmas spirit that only the gospel can bring.

I hope everyone has a fun festive weekend embracing the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment