Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

Goodbye summer and hello fall! Despite the 80 and 90 degree days forecasted for this week I am in full Fall mode. I bought a pumpkin candle and Georgia Grace a quilted skirt yesterday so the seasons have officially changed for me :)
 
This weekend was the unofficial end to summer and I'm always ready for a new season by the end of each one. However, this summer was a great one with milder temperatures and lots of fun activities and trips. Full #summerbucketlist recap soon!

But for now here is what the end of last week and Labor Day weekend looked like for us. I'll give you a hint: a lot of rain and football, and very little labor.
 
Last week I had a two-day conference in Frankfort so Daddy did the single parent thing. She always sleeps through the night, I can count on one hand how many times she has gotten up through the night since we moved. But Wednesday night she did so her and Daddy slept together and I think it did them both good to be by each other. And don't you love my childhood purple sheets?!? At least my Dad didn't turn my room into the hot tub room.
 
I was back home Friday in time to dress our girl up for WKU's season opener. I think she brought them good luck because they won easily! I made the onesie for her last year and since it's stretchy we were able to get another years wear out of it-yahoo!
 
Saturday we did absolutely nothing but watch college football at Gammy's house and it was perfect. Marcus and I both love it so much so this is like a holiday. Georgia Grace was nice enough to give Frozen a rest for a while :) We had her dressed up for the UK game as well but I forgot to snap a picture and I'm kicking myself. Next weekend! They also won big and gave us hopes they will be competitive in the SEC this year! We are already planning our trip to Commonwealth Stadium.
 
Every Labor Day weekend we have the McCoy (my mamaw's family) family reunion. This year the three girl cousins were there including the newest addition Amelia so we had to get a picture of them with their grandmas/great-grandmas. GGH was cheesin' like nobody's business. Sweet, precious babies!

Georgia Grace and her cousin Clay. It poured the rain the whole time nearly but these babies had fun watching and socializing.

Labor Day was another rainy, nasty day. It seems like that is the forecast every year. So we decided to make lemonade out of lemons and go shopping! I think I have a little shopper on my hands because she was the very best thing all day long. She was obedient, happy, and just did whatever we did with no fussing, just smiles ;)
 
We did a little furniture shopping and they gave her a balloon and her day was made.

Well, she thought her day was made. And then she rode the carousel in the mall with Mamaw Carolyn and it was made all over again! It's not every day you get to ride a carousel with your great-grandmother so this was special for me to watch. I think they both had the best time.

And then she got to ride it again with Gammy while Mommy finished shopping :) I see rides on the carousel with every trip to the mall in the near future.
 
Labor Day weekend may have been a rainy mess but we made the most of it. I also started changing Georgia Grace's closet over this weekend and that made me all kinds of happy getting out her fall clothes from storage.
 
Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment