Wednesday, January 14, 2015

28 Weeks

Pregnancy Update:
How Far Along: 28 Weeks (third trimester-woohoo!)
Size of baby: Jack is the size of a melon
 Total Weight Gain: Gained 8 lbs, I'm happy for the weight gain at my last appointment after a slow start
Maternity Clothes: Wearing lots of dresses and long tops with leggings
Gender: It's a boy! Jack Porter Harrison
Movement: We have a very fiesty boy. I thought he seemed extra active and the radiology tech confirmed my suspicions!
Sleep: I have been sleeping great until this week, I'm having a hard time getting comfortable
Cravings: Milk, beef jerky, any type of meat
Symptoms/Sickness: Feeling great! No symptoms big enough to complain about.
Best Moment this week: 4D ultrasound that revealed a handsome, healthy baby boy!

Tuesday was a big day. I had my 4D ultrasound, glucose test and prenatal checkup. I was a tired momma by the end!


Baby Jack at 28 weeks<3 Everything looked perfect. Measurements were great, his heart beat was strong and he seems like a very limber little guy. His lips look extra pouty and his head and feet are big. I'm measuring about a week early but my doctor (or myself) isn't concerned so the DD remains at 4/12/15.

The money shot! :) My old colleague/friend Miranda did our ultrasound and left some clever notes on our pictures.

We also have a stubborn boy as it took about an hour and me laying in multiple positions to get a profile and face image! He is head down face down and wasn't budging. Is this a sign for the future?!?

After that it was off to the lab for the one hour glucose test. This stuff gets a bad rap but I really don't think it's that bad. I just sucked it up and chugged it (well, chugging for me!). And I passed! Big relief.

Finally, it was on to the doctor's office for my checkup (all three events were in three different areas but all under one roof so that was nice). BP 100/62 (my normal), gained 3 more pounds, requested a prescription for my free insurance-covered Medela breast pump and scheduled my next appointment at the end of the month meaning I will be going every two weeks now. I left feeling very excited and all those end of the pregnancy thoughts came back. Somedays I just have to pinch myself that we are already this far!

So thankful for our healthy, perfect son. God is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment