Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekend

We had a very low key and restful weekend, I think we're finally into our school routine but we are totally "Is it Friday yet?" by about Wednesday. The days may seem long but the years are short so I try to take it all in stride.
This past week marked the ten year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. It was also the ten year mark of my first day of college. And it just so happened that Katrina and college combined for me. I was attending WKU and my first day of classes Katrina hit Bowling Green and I had to walk the hill in the storm. I was completely drenched and miserable, I remember buying a poncho instead of books. My umbrella didn't shield the sideways rain from the wind so I knew books would be ruined in my backpack. Needless to say things went up from there and I'm thankful for my collegiate days. 

This weekend Jack wanted to be held 24/7. Seriously my child was not content unless he was being held, worn or swaddled in your arms. He will be scooting and crawling soon so we knew we better just embrace the extra affection. I love my cuddly boy!

My brother made an unexpected trip home on Thursday and we all got together for dinner. He doesn't get to come home often so when he does we always try to see him. He is loving his life in NYC and we are so happy for him. He had dinner across from Ashton Kutcher and Mila a few weeks ago!! He's living the dream.





Speaking of living the dream I can say that I am too for getting to be this girl's mommy. She was so proud of herself and couldn't wait to show me how she could hang on the monkey bars. She's two years old and can hang longer than I can. Strong girl!

We spent a little time at the pool this weekend. I hope the weather allows for us to swim on into September because the babes love going and seeing Gammy and Gran Stan of course. 


I know I have said that Jack is a mommy's boy but he sure thinks his daddy hung the moon. I couldn't have picked a better role model for our son. I hope he grows up to be a man just like his daddy.

Georgia Grace has this play hat that she wears daily. I finally snapped a picture of her wearing it. She loves it and after she wore it a while outside she used it as a bowl to store landscaping rocks :)

Sunday was a perfect day and we spent time after supper outside enjoying the last few drops of summer. Daddy and Georgia tried to play some hide and seek. Owen makes that rather difficult however. Notice the sky in the background-God's handiwork.

This week and weekend we will officially say goodbye to summer and make way for fall. We are already planning out our football game trips, fall break vacation and a third birthday. Someone hold me because there is no way we have a soon-to-be three year old!! I don't know how much more of this growing up stuff I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment