Jack-you are five months old! And growing up so much everyday.
Here are the highlights of your fifth month:
- You are in size 2 diapers and 6 month clothing although some of your 6 month fall pieces may be too short by the time you can wear them. You are tall! You can wear size 1 shoes although you don't keep shoes on very well so you are bare foot 90% of the time. I don't know what we will do when it cools off.
- You love to be with people. And preferably you want to be held by said people. You are a serious cuddle bug!
- You appear to be cutting teeth because of all the chewing and drooling but nothing yet. I've heard it is common for boys to show signs of teething early but not actually have any teeth for a while. This seems to be the case for you.
- You are almost sitting up on your own. You enjoy sitting in your bumbo seat and being a part of the action.
- You care nothing about your activity gym and jenny jumper 95% of the time. The fussing starts as soon as we put you in it. You would much prefer to just be held and talked to :)
- Your hair has gotten long and it's a beautiful blonde color. You have your sister's big eyes and lips.
- You love to be naked and you love bathtime (again)!
- I received so many warnings about boy babies giving you a shower when you changed their diaper and I think I can count on one hand how many times you have done that to me. I think you love your mommy too much to pee on her.
- Breastmilk continues to be your main source of nutrition. You receive formula on occasion to make up the difference (probably 4 ounces a day) and I have started putting some whole grain cereal in your breastmilk bottles. We are holding off on table food until around the six month mark since you are still getting primarily breastmilk nutrition.
- We have had some sleep regression this month. You were sleeping 6-7 hours through the night and for the past few weeks you want to eat in the middle of the night and want your paci. We had planned on you being out of the bassinet and in the crib by now but this has set us back. All part of your grand scheme I am sure :)
- Your favorite way to go to sleep-swaddled, rocked and bottom padded. Can you say spoiled!?!
- You love to talk, talk, talk. You squeal and coo all the time. You love when someone talks to you and you try to talk back. It's the sweetest.
- You love to watch your big sister play. We spend a lot of time together in the playroom. If you are lucky she lets you be her baby doll to take care of.
We love you so much, Jack boy! Happy 5 months!