Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pumpkin Days

October has always and probably will always be the busiest time of year for us. Sister girl is excited about her birthday party this weekend (although she will tell us periodically she is not going HA!) and this week we have been busy planning for it. I have no idea how we are celebrating her third birthday since I just had her yesterday.


She wanted a cheerleader party so we went with her request and decided to have a tailgate. Mother nature doesn't look like she will cooperate so we will decide tomorrow to go ahead and try it at our house or go with plan B-our church ministry center. We were really hoping it could be an outdoor event so I am praying it will all work out in our favor. Either way she is going to have a ball, she loves birthday parties!

Sunday morning I was fixing breakfast in the kitchen and snapped this ordinary moment that will be extraordinary to us someday. Jack had already been awake for a little while and he went with Daddy to get his big sister up. We love our slow weekend mornings so much! This picture pulls at my heart strings.

This week has been all about pumpkins. GGH went to the pumpkin patch with Poppa and carved pumpkins twice. We are watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" in my car DVD player and reading all our pumpkin books.

Monday night we carved pumpkins at Grandmomma's house and everyone got in on the fun. The fun stopped for brother when he tried to eat the pumpkin guts and seeds. He does love his orange veggies!

Ma and Georgia with their pumpkin. GGH drew the design and Ma cut it out. She was proud of it!

A bunch of Jack(o'lantern)s :) Aunt Shanna's hand is on the other side of him, I swear we didn't prop him on the mantle solo. 

And sweet girl with the jack o'lanterns! What she lacks in size she makes up for in personality. This was the face she gave me. Have mercy!

I am off to get some rest for what I am sure will be a big weekend. I can't wait to celebrate our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment