Monday, October 17, 2016

Pumpkins and Shopping and Birthdays

I had every intention of doing this over the weekend but that didn't happen so here I am on a Sunday evening cranking it out and trying to get to bed on time :)


Friday night Jack went to bed early, Daddy went to the ballgame and we had a girls night. We made cookies from scratch and watched "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".


Our recipe called for two sticks of butter but we came up a little short. She's only 28 pounds so I let it go :)


 
My friend Alicia invited me to go to a craft/antique sale called Glendale Days on Saturday. This was my first time and I didn't know what to expect but this picture describes it pretty nicely. The streets felt like I was back at Disney World but it also felt like a county fair on steroids. I loved it!


 
My friends Kathrine, Alicia and Denise. We had a blast together and decided to make it an annual tradition.


This was one of the stores we shopped. Think lots of Fixer Upper style shops/tents. I didn't make any big purchases but found some odds and ends for the house. I also enjoyed a funnel cake and caramel apple. That was worth the trip itself.

 

While I had a girls day, Daddy took the kids to Cracker Barrel and Lowes all by himself. He is brave and it sounded like they had a wonderful morning! He said he got so many compliments :)

 
Saturday night we went to Keagen's birthday party/hayride. He turned 12 last week which is unbelievable to me. Georgia and Jack think he hung the moon and stars. Jack says "Keagie" no short of a thousand times a day.

 
There were two hayrides, the not scary one and the scary one. We took the not scary ride which pretty much served as the drop-off for the spooks for the scary ride. Jack enjoyed the ride sitting in Chris's lap.

 
Sunday we celebrated October birthdays with my mom's family. I'm thankful for my healthy and active mamaw!

 
We got to see Uncle Eric, Aunt Paige and cousin Bo! My kids pretty much smothered him the whole time but he was a good sport about it. We wanted to get a picture of all three of them but as soon as they got there he had to eat and then nap so it didn't happen. Next time!

 
Singing Happy Birthday and excited about the chocolate strawberry cake

 
Is this not hilarious?! Oh Georgia girl.

We've got two weeks until Georgia's birthday party and probably a million things we want to do between now and then. Hopefully we can get the biggest thing that I am most excited about completed in time. Fingers crossed!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment