Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Nights

Friday nights have changed for us over the years. I remember back when Marcus and I were fifteen and sixteen Friday nights meant heading to Bowling Green to eat and shop and/or watch a movie. And then the college years came and Friday nights were more about studying and staying home to save money ha! Now that we are in our mid-20's, this is what a typical Friday night looks like.

One good thing about Kentucky weather is that you can dry your clothes on the line about 8-9 months of the year. I dry all of our things outside except our nice dress clothes. I think this house having a clothes line is what sold me ;)

Tomorrow night we are having a birthday cookout for Marcus so I went ahead and made my peach homemade ice cream tonight. Peach is my absolute favorite! I can't wait to try it.

And then you use Friday nights to repair bathtubs :/. Our tub has been sinking for some reason so Marcus and soon-to-be brother in law Jake had to crawl under the house and "jack it up". I am so thankful for Marcus, Jake, Granddad, and all the other hardworking men in my life! They set a good example for the future generation.

This is how they came out looking after 3 hours of being under the house. I rewarded them with Pizza Hut and Powerade! A good trade-off if you ask me!

Friday nights have definitely changed since the beginning of our relationship but so have we. I am happy with the stage that we are in and I am content doing laundry, fixing food, and serving pizza to dirty stinky men on my Friday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment