Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fourth

I feel like summertime is unofficially the time to take a little break from blogging. At least it has been for me as I find myself doing weekly recaps as opposed to my usual 3-4 times a week check-in. And I'm totally ok with that. We are doing a lot of fun, memory-making things that we enjoy doing and then I just blog about it early Monday morning. It works :) 

We had a big, busy week celebrating the Fourth. Independence Day is definitely one of my favorite holidays. Between the fireworks, food, our county fair, swimming and music there's so much to love about this time of the year.

We went over to my sister-in-law's for a crawfish boil midweek. So much fun! I don't think there was one crawfish left when we were finished.

Last week Georgia Grace's Ma, Aunt Shanna and Grandmomma made patriotic shirts using her handprint and I thought they turned out so cute! Nope, not one bit spoiled ;)

While we were there GGH took a trip to the garden with Aunt Shanna and picked a wild onion. She thought she was big stuff!

While she was doing that I was taking a ride on the gator with my brother-in-law and all I kept saying was "I think I'm going to throw-up" ha! I said that being squeals. He is a maniac. Seriously crazy. And I guess I'm even crazier that I knew this and rode anyway-I survived!

We celebrated the 4th at the Catfish Festival (our county fair) as we do every year. Don't we have the best county fair name??? I mean seriously who wouldn't want to be known as the catfish capital of the world? :) This wild woman took to the dance floor with the square dancers. She had the best night.

Our best buddy "Ro-Ro" (as GGH has renamed him) was there and I just love this picture of our two babies. Two Julys ago we had no kids at CFF (GGH was on the way) and now we have two! Such blessings these two are.

We watched a spectacular fireworks show. She loved them (unlike her Daddy who use to have his ears covered and be cuddled when he was little...:)).

The night ended on this sweet note. Her "boyfriend" Ace was there and they danced together and it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Abby (Ace's mom) took a video of the dance and sent it to me to save to our hard drive to keep. We think maybe we can use it in their wedding video someday...:)
Saturday we pulled out the watertable to try for the first time. It was a hit of course. Anything that involves water and being outside is a winner in her book.

She wasn't content just standing and playing in the water like most kids and had to climb in it to see the top. Sheesh!

We went back to the festival Saturday night for the one last night of fun. We stole Miss Butler County Catfish for a quick picture. We love McKinzey! She was so sweet to love on our girl (she even included her in an instagram collage :)), she will be a great representative!

We weren't done with our patriotic celebrations just yet and headed to "Thunder Over Grancer" Sunday night. This is a get together our good friends have every year around the 4th at their house and it is so much fun. Swimming, a fish fry, pickin' and grinnin', and fireworks. I took these pictures in my Dad's garage as we were headed out the door-the perfect backdrop!

We got to see Aunt Paigey and Uncle Eric while we were there which was a sweet treat. We had a lot of family and friends time this week and it was wonderful.

This is what my girl thinks about the 4th of July! She has had the best week. Our bedtime schedule may be even more skewed but we will worry about that tomorrow :)

Hope y'all had a great 4th as well! Definitely sad to see this weekend come to a close but thankful for all the memories we made.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a little heartbreaker on your hands! She's just so precious! Looks like an AMAZING weekend! So much fun and so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend!! I think we do too! :) We did, nothing like sweet summertime!!

    ReplyDelete