Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Smooth Move

Happy July! The dog days of summer are upon us and I've never been more ready for them.

We will always revolve around a school year calendar since we are both pretty fresh out of college and Marcus chose a career in education so July feels like the month to get out and make summer memories before the new school year rolls around.

This weekend we packed up every last thing we own and moved to our temporary home (my Dad's house). We had a few hiccups along the way but that didn't stop the moving train. We stayed our first night on Sunday and all four of us (including Owen of course) had a great night. This is the house I grew up in so there are lots of bedrooms and space for all of us with some to spare (that room is stacked floor to ceiling with our stuff!). GGH even has her own playroom which she has spent 90% of her time in so far. The other 10% she has wanted to spend on the steps. Thank you baby gates. Owen has enjoyed the wide open spaces. He hasn't ate since we moved (except a bone), he always does this for a few days and then his anxiety settles down and he's fine. Dogs are funny! I've mostly enjoyed double sinks in our bathroom ha! And reliving the days of my past.

Like I mentioned this is my childhood home so we're back in my childhood bedroom. Here is the view out of my bedroom window. I told my Dad I took this for granted for 22 years. You can see for miles. Wish I could give you a panaramic view. When I was a kid those houses were not there yet, all you could see were cornfields and rolling hills.

Our view will be pretty similar to this at our new house-not too shabby :) I'm looking forward to our outdoor living spaces to enjoy it on.

I'm so thankful for our family who helped us pack up, clean, launder and move every last box. This sounds cliche but we could not have done it without them. Impossible. No way no how.

I'm also thankful for my Dad who has opened up his door to us to live for who knows how long until our house is ready. We've also lived with Grandmomma and Granddad some this year as we prepped our house for selling it. You can't put a price tag on these gifts of their home.

We are adjusting well and settling into our new routine. I've measured my morning commute-just three extra miles and three extra minutes. I feel like we are exactly where we are suppose to be.

I'm welcoming July with open arms and can't wait to see what this month holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment