Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Checkup and Playmates

Tuesday was Jack's two month checkup. I was dreading it but also anxious to see how much he had grown and to get our pediatrician's opinion on his feet. Also, I continue to be amazed at the things I do differently with the second child. I took Jack to his appointment alone (the pediatrician's office is 35 minutes away) and I don't think I've taken Georgia Grace alone one time. I think for me I've just gained confidence as a mom and I feel like I understand my babies a little better.

Our Jack weighs 12 pounds 13 ounces (55th percentile), is 24 1/4 inches long (80th percentile) and his head (42 cm) is in the 97th percentile. He has grown 3 3/4 inches in two months! And we're hoping he continues to grow tall, my dad is 6'3 so that would be an awesome gene to inherit.

Everything checked out fine and his doctor thought his feet seemed more flexible at this appointment. He recommended shoe reversal to help straighten them out along with the exercises so we will probably start that soon. We ended the appointment with three shots and goodness he did not like them one bit. The rest of the day he just wanted to be held and would cry off and on but by Wednesday he was back to his happy self. Bless his sweet heart!

This weekend we are having a sip and see for Jack that has put us in let's-finally-get-the-house-fully-furnished mode. We've drug our feet on a lot of house projects but we've had more important things occupying our time so we didn't sweat it. I have been dreaming of a gallery wall in our upstairs hallway so I started mapping my layout.

Then I replicated it on my wall with wrapping paper, magazine pages and frame boxes. I finished it all up tonight and I'm pretty proud of it. I'll take a finished picture this weekend!

We've had a pretty easy, slow week at home. We recently set up Jack's play gym and it seems someone else is also interested in the new toy. I didn't realize how much she already wants to play with him. I'm so glad she has a built-in playmate and best friend for life.

And who needs baby dolls when you have a baby brother? I have the cutest video of her pretend feeding him, giving him a paci and playing her clarinet for him :) He was eating it up! I pray they always love each other as much as they do right now.

I'm off to bed to get rested for our busy Saturday. Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment