Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Jack's Sip and See

Saturday we hosted Jack's sip and see. I realize a sip and see is not common in our area and I actually don't know of anyone personally that has ever had one. It's simply a southern style event where everyone drops by to meet and hold the new baby. I wanted to have a sip and see for two reasons. One being of course so everyone could meet Jack for the first time or see him again and love on him some more. The other reason is so our friends and family could view our new home. We moved in November and it has taken us this long to furnish and complete our remodeling projects. I was excited about an opportunity to do both at the same time!

We had 54 people at our house which was a great number to entertain. We were honored so many people took time out of their busy weekend to stop by. The sip and see had a casual feel to it so we kept everything simple and just spent time together in conversation, touring our home and of course swooning over baby Jack.

I kept the menu simple-assorted cheeses and crackers, tea cookies from Riley's Bakery (the best party treat ever) and a $12 monogram cake from Walmart! And for the sip portion we had lemonade, sweet tea and coffee.


Precious baby Jack charming all the sip and see attendants. He was passed around so many times and loved every minute of it. He loves to be held and talked to.


Sweet boy wore a white bubble with baby blue rope trim. I lucked up on this outfit on eBay, I've been able to find quite a bit of second hand "Jack" pieces. He looked like a living doll!

I didn't take many pictures but did snap this one of some of our friends and family mingling. I loved seeing our home full of our loved ones.

Jack with Ms. Carolyn Darr, she bought our first home last summer and moved here from Clay, Kentucky. She is the sweetest person and we were so glad she came. Her daughter and family are dear friends of ours.


The Harrison four. Georgia Grace was in charge of giving the tour of her room and playroom :)  I don't think I saw her again until it was over! She's proud of her space and toys.


This was a proud and happy day for our family that I will always remember. Thanks to all of you who came and made it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment