Monday, January 11, 2016

Cozy Days

I am writing this post curled up in our recliner under a cable knit blanket while the babies and husband sleep and a light snow covers the ground outside. It's not much but enough to cause slick roads and a snow day! Our first snow of 2016 is in the books.

We have had a pretty normal weekend mostly staying home and playing. You should see our playroom, the floor is not visible. I'm thankful I can shut the door and pretend it doesn't look that way :)

Saturday we went to our friend Candi's baby shower. The babes were matching in their navy outfits so a picture was warranted but instead this broke out. She is a good sport! We tell her this is his way of showing affection right now and some day it will be kisses and hugs like she gives him. Boys will be boys.


Instagram is my favorite form of social media and I have been inspired by Emily Ley's #simplicitychallenge2016. Everyday she posts an convicting encouraging memo of things you can do to simplify your life. Clean out the fridge, take everything off your nightstand except four items, etc. are some of the things she has posted. Day 3 really hit home with me. I do pretty well with blogging but I get behind on getting my pictures downloaded and saved to our computer (and then backed up on our hard drive). I have spent time this week getting pictures truly saved and I even went on to work in Jack's baby book and print some photos! It was therapeutic and much needed. 


It was spitting snow outside but this girl insisted on wearing her Ariel swimsuit and a crown like Aunt Shanna (she saw a picture of her from like 5 Halloweens ago). She really wanted red hair too!


It wasn't a lot of snow but we were excited to bring out our winter accessories. I found this muff for Georgia and it brought back memories of my childhood. The one I had made me feel fancy schmancy!


Two busy, sans clothes babies. Georgia likes to change clothes 138403 times a day. Jack likes to stand up on his own 173587 times a day.

This weekend we found out my sister and brother-in-law are having a BOY! Nobody was shocked, we have thought boy all along. I have been referring to the baby has he/him for a while :) Oh how much we love this baby boy already!


That big piece of news motivated me to gather up all of Jack's things that he has already outgrown and/or doesn't use anymore (how can it be?!?) to give to my nephew. He already has a tote full of hand me downs and several pieces of baby gear!

And I had the happiest little helper overseeing the progress. We are spending more time in his nursery now that he likes to be down in the floor playing and he loves it.

That was our weekend in a nutshell. Cozy and productive with a little side of crazy thrown in for good measure. There is more snow in the forecast so we will see how it unfolds. Georgia is anxious to use her new sled from Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment