Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 A Year In Review

January
Part of our Christmas from my stepdad and mom was a trip to Disney World! My stepdad ran the Disney Marathon so they took us all with them. It was a short trip-we flew out on Friday and came home Monday but it cured our winter blues and held us over until our beach trip in July. I seriously can't wait to take Georgia to Disney!

February
I will never forget the overwhelming joy I felt that Sunday morning when we saw two pink lines! We both just cried and cried! One of the happiest moments of my life.

 March
We told everyone the good news that we were having a baby! We told my mom and grandparents while we were all in New Orleans for the SEC tournament. We told the rest of the family and close friends when we got home from our trip. Everyone was surprised and beyond thrilled!

April
My birthday fell on Easter weekend this year which is always neat when I share my birthday with the resurrection of Christ. I was 12 weeks pregnant when I turned 25! (halfway to thirty-eww.)

May
We found out the gender of Georgia Grace on the day of our 2nd wedding anniversary and had a big gender reveal party that night. So. Much. Fun! I was so excited to see that pink!

 July
We took a family vacation to Hilton Head Island at the beginning of July. My brother works there during the summer so we were able to see him and visit a beach we had never been to. And Marcus turned 24 on the 30th!

August
Marcus started his 3rd year of teaching. He is also taking grad classes and will receive his Masters degree next May. I'm so proud of him.
September
Marcus gave his life to Christ! I am so thankful for his obedience and desire to please God in all aspects of his life. We also lost my papaw Denzel. Such a bittersweet time for us all. I miss papaw everyday but I know I will see him again in our heavenly home.<3


October
Georgia Grace Harrison arrives!!!
She was born on Tuesday October 30th, 2012 at 9:35am. She was 8 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen! Tons of dark hair and lots of fat rolls ha! She is a highlight of our year. I can't begin to explain how much happiness she has brought us!

November
We had a baby dedication for Georgia Grace at our church on Thanksgiving Sunday. We also celebrated our first Thanksgiving holiday as a family!

December
We got to hang one more stocking this year as we celebrated our first Christmas with our baby girl. The holidays were much more special having her to celebrate with!
I don't see how 2013 could possibly be better than 2012. It was definitely one if the best years of my life. Happy New Years everyone! See you next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment