Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Parade and First Stroller Ride

Saturday we started a new holiday tradition. We took Georgia Grace to her first parade! Every year our town holds a Christmas parade the first Saturday in December. Marcus and I have probably never missed our town's Christmas parade and we were so glad the weather was nice so we could take our baby girl.
 We always watch the parade at my dad's office which is in walking distance of our house. The weather was so nice we just bundled her up and walked to watch.
The parade was so good this year! It was probably the biggest parade I've ever seen. GGH slept through it all-even all the sirens and horns. She is a hardcore sleeper!
Some of the scenes from the parade. The bottom left picture is of my great uncle Rollie "Bubby" Porter. He was named Veteran of the Year. We are so proud of him and his service to his country!
I've always said I enjoy living where we have seasonal weather but that was pre-baby ha! Today, December 3rd, it was 70 degrees here in southcentral Kentucky!  It was so nice to not have to bundle up like an Eskimo to step outside. After school, Marcus set up our stroller (that was still in the box) and we took off on a walk! *Please ignore my thrown-together outfit and lack of makeup :)
She slept the whole time so I assume she loved every minute of it. Sweet girl is going to sleep her life away ha! We covered her ears, put a blanket around her and off we went. The rest of the week is looking to be unseasonably warm so we may have to make this an afternoon ritual.

Tonight National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is on ABC Family so I know what our night will consist of. Mele Kalikimaka!

No comments:

Post a Comment