Friday, December 14, 2012

Bible Study and Our Little Sleeper

Back in October we began attending a weekly bible study that our friend Nathan started. Each week a different couple hosts and it was our week to have everyone over. I took a brief hiatus when Georgia was first born but I'm back participating and hosting! It is such an enjoyable time of fellowship and spiritual growth that has been greatly beneficial to both of us.

I made a Mexican casserole that was a recipe from my mother-in-law. It was a big hit! I am no Betty Crocker so it was nice to have some success in the kitchen ha! All I have is a post-meal picture which I'm fine with because it's proof people ate my food!
This was Georgia's first bible study! She was such a good girl. Aunt Rachel held her most of the time which she loved.
This week in Bible Study we discussed David Platt's Radical Question. Talk about intense! This goes way beyond our "Bible School Jesus" and calls out all of us Christians on many societal issues. It drives home the point that we are ALL called to missions, we are all disciples of Christ. This lesson wasn't your warm feel good study but I am so glad Nathan presented it to us. It was definitely something I needed to hear.
Big news to report-last night this girl slept through the night!!! She is 6 weeks and 3 days old and slept from 12-7. She woke up hungry as a bear ha! I am so proud of her. She may not do it again for weeks but the fact that we've achieved it is wonderful! A rested mommy is a happy mommy!

We have a big weekend planned-my baby sister's college graduation (what?) and our church's Christmas Cantata. Happy Friday y'all!

2 comments: