Thursday, May 1, 2014

Georgia is 1 1/2!

When Georgia Grace turned one I decided to conclude my monthly updates for her and switch to doing them every quarter. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that we have been a family of three for a year and a half. We are halfway through year #2 and are having conversations about preschool, what her extracurricular activities might be and when to start potty training. I could settle for a slowdown.

Georgia-you are 18 months old!

  • You are wearing 12-18 month clothes, size 3 diapers and a size 5 shoe. You really enjoy being barefoot. You don't particularly like getting dressed each day or having your diaper changed. I'm hoping that's a sign of an early potty trainer.
  • You have 13 teeth. Your bottom canines just started popping through a week ago. Your upper right lateral incisor has yet to come in so you have a three tooth smile right now :)
  • Your favorite thing to do is to be outside. You would stay out from sun up until sun down if you had it your way. This summer is going to be a fun one!
  • You can say your name, most family member's name (no Gammy or Aunt Paigey-I think you might be a little stubborn ha!) and places we go frequently. You know a lot of animals and their sounds. You are saying 3-4 word sentences ("I get my bow" is my personal favorite to date).
  • You like to meet new people and have never met a stranger. You pretty much like everyone except your pediatrician and his posse. We have been joking that you should run for office because you smile, wave & "talk" to people everywhere you go.
  • You love to "go go". You like to be entertained and enjoy a change of scenery. You like riding in your carseat (because that means you get to "go go"). Strolling is also a highlight of your day right now.
  • You sleep 9-10 hours at night (in your crib without any wake ups through the night) with a two hour nap in the middle of the day. We still rock you to sleep every night minus a few nights you were tired enough to just lay down. I realize these moments are fleeting so I am giving myself some grace and enjoying the little bit of baby that is left.
  • Your most mentioned features are your arched eyebrows and abundance of hair. I know I am a biased mommy but you are beautiful and perfect just how God made you!
  • You eat three small meals a day and like to "graze" all day long on snacks. You like to try what everyone else is eating and you eat better for us if we feed you off our plate instead of giving you your own plate. We try to make meal time fun because you are not a big eater. And yes-you are still taking your milk bottle. Giving myself even more grace on that one ha!
  • You are into everything and make 13914813 messes a day. You are curious and busy and strong-willed. As tiring as you can be some days I am blessed to have a toddler that is full of life and energy.
  • People are thinking that you look more like your daddy now. You have a cheeky smile that lights up a room and a sweet, bubbly personality to match. 
  • You LOVE boys. You gravitate towards them when you are with your peers. And you are a complete Daddy's girl.
  • You are starting to enjoy reading books and baby flash cards. Touch and feel books are your favorite.
Life as your mom for the past year and a half has been everything I dreamed it would be plus so much more. I look forward to all the milestones we will reach in the next three months. As I watch you transform from baby to little girl I am reminded of an excerpt from one of my favorite poems-


The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
Song for a Fifth Child-Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Happy 1 1/2 years to our sweet Georgia peach! We love you with all we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment