Monday, May 5, 2014

The Best Weekend

We had one of those busy but blessed weekends around here. We are entering a stage where it's really easy to go places and stay out past bedtime because our little lady is a trooper and doesn't want to miss anything. She makes life so much more fun. We embraced the season this weekend and made a lot of fun memories.

Happy Derby Day!
We went to our cousin Marley's first birthday party in Sweezertown. It was an adorable farm-theme and they had this little plush horse that Georgia Grace rode and rode. The perfect addition to her Derby day attire :) 

She jumped in a bouncy house for the first time independently. Where did my baby go??

The birthday girl! She was such a big girl opening her presents. I cannot believe she is already one. We had such a great time celebrating her. We love you Marley Moo!

We went to my Mom's after the party to watch the Derby. Our friends James and Ashley were at Churchill Downs so I lived vicariously through them. I will go to the Kentucky Derby someday!

Saturday night we went to watch Uncle Jake race. I didn't know how this would go with all the loud noises and the late night it would be but of course she had the best time. She watched her first dirt track race, ate her first frito chili pie and saw her first fight ha! It was a very entertaining night and I'm so glad we got to go support #23 :)

My good friend Jan snapped this precious picture Sunday at church. Our little politician was swooning everyone sitting behind us. I love that she captured a picture of us in our element.

Another one of the highlights of the weekend was helping host a wedding shower for my childhood best friend. She is getting married in June and I am honored to get to stand beside her on that day. I decided to have a cutting board engraved with a hand-written recipe on it by her Grandmother Regina who passed away last year. Her mom found the perfect one-her wonderful orange juice cake, the last thing she baked for Shira and Wade. We both cried! She was such a special lady and I'm glad I was able to honor her on such a special day for Shira.

Here is a close-up of the cutting board. It turned out better than I could even imagine. I am amazed at all the ways we can personalize things now.


The beautiful bride and her bridesmaids
Love these girls!


We had one more event this weekend and it was a cookout honoring me for my YDOY award. Marcus took care of everything and all I had to do was show up :) We had both of our families over and he grilled on the Big Green Egg. Some of the neighborhood kids joined us to play cornhole and eat dessert. It was a great night of hospitality and I am blessed to have a husband that honors me like he does.
Making some final memories on Tyler Street

It was one of the best weekends I can remember. We are a blessed family with a full plate but it's the best kind of full. And we are so ready for summer so the easy late nights can continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment