Tuesday, March 10, 2015

36 weeks

I'm 36 weeks! 
 Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of baby: Jack is around 6 lbs - about the size of a crenshaw melon
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 22 lbs; I've gained 9 pounds in 2 weeks!
Maternity Clothes: I wear maternity jeans and pants but everything else is regular. I'm down to just a few things I can still fit into. ha!
Gender: It's a boy! Jack Porter Harrison
Movement: He continues to be very active, especially at bedtime.
Sleep: Doesn't come easy. I'm up 3-4 times to pee and have a hard time getting comfortable. I may be in a recliner soon...
Cravings: Eating anything and everything I can.
Symptoms: Leg, hip and pelvic pain but I'm taking it easier so that's improved.
Best Moment this week: Our final ultrasound revealing a healthy boy!

We had our final ultrasound on Tuesday to check his position and size. He continues to be face down head down and is lying right on top of my bladder. I've known that for a while now :) His measurements were great and it appears he has a large head. As in measuring four weeks early head! And my doctor estimated his current weight at 6 lbs 4 oz. I think we're going to have a big boy! We were so thankful for a good appointment. 

We started a nightly countdown with Georgia Grace as part of our bedtime routine. I've started brainstorming ways to start preparing her for the transition. I'm not too worried about how she will do but I want to prepare her the best I can. 

I've working on a baby pool like we did with GGH and I've started my "To-Do Before Jack" list. There's still a lot but we're just taking it one day at a time and more importantly enjoying our days and nights as a family of three. We will never get this time back and we're going to savor it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking great!! Can't believe it's almost time. Yay for big baby boys ;)

    ReplyDelete