Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Celebrating Jack

This weekend my Mom hosted a sprinkle/brunch for baby Jack and me. I knew I didn't need a full-blown shower since this was our second baby but I'm glad we did a little something special to welcome our son. And we're just so excited it's blue this time!
 
The brunch was at 10:30 am so we had easy, breakfast foods-fresh fruit, blueberry muffins, a sausage casserole, cinnamon rolls, juice and coffee. This is totally my type of menu.

The women in my family did an amazing job pulling this together for me. Originally it was scheduled for the beginning of March but 15 inches of snow cancelled that occasion. We knew it was a risk rescheduling it so close to my due date but everyone was tied up the other weekends leading up to it so March 28th it would be, one day shy of being 38 weeks!

I bought this dress about a month ago so I was worried I wouldn't be able to squeeze in it but I did. Literally s-q-u-e-e-z-e-d in it.

Big sister came along to the brunch of course. She was excited to go to Gammy's house but when we got there and she realized it wasn't going to be play hour with Gammy she wasn't as excited ha! She had a good time though and got to play with some of her friends and cousins.
 
My sweet momma. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She helps me in so many ways and is the best Gammy to Georgia and will be to Jack too.

All the Porter ladies. My mamaw and sister helped with the brunch too, they are such blessings to me!

All of the women in Marcus's family. They helped prepare food and did a great job as always. If I ever ask them to do something for me they do it no question and usually go above and beyond. I am a blessed daughter-in-law!

My Mamaw Novis, she made her famous cinnamon rolls that were delicious.

Jack received so many wonderful gifts. In the south it doesn't matter if it's your first baby or your fifth baby, they receive equal amounts of love and presents :)

And who doesn't love the facial expressions caught when someone is opening gifts. Especially gifts that describe cute baby things.

I mean come on this is special. ;)

This may be my favorite picture from the day. The terrible twos somehow didn't seem to hit until about 2.5 for Georgia and she was showing some tendencies on Saturday. She had just declared to everyone that "No" she didn't want to open the gifts that friends and family had specifically got for her and then in one of her gift bags was a bag of cheetos from my cousin Charla and her whole world changed. She knows the way to her heart :)
 
 I've mentioned Chris before, he's our handyman that has taken on a lot of house projects for us (he just finished building us cubbies for our laundry/mudroom-woohoo!). His wife Gina is equally talented. She made this adorable diaper cake for me. I plan to display it a while before using it, I love it!
 
And a very special gift I was given is a bassinet. My mom found the bassinet at a yardsale but it was upholstered for a girl. I asked Grandmomma if she could modify it for me and she agreed.
 
Big sister checking out Jack's bassinet. I'm sure I'll be seeing this a lot soon.
 
Here is the finished product. I cried when I saw it for the first time. It was everything I had imagined and more. It has wheels so I can move it from room to room. It's perfect.
 
Two sets of best friends! Roman was the only male at the sprinkle and wore the crown proudly. Jack has received a lot of Roman's hand me downs, I'm so grateful we have a baby friend that's older and will be in the same season of clothing.
 
My best friend Ashley who has spoiled both my babies rotten. We hope to be doing the same to her future baby(ies) soon!!
 
My awesome friend Mary Beth came in from Louisville to be at the sprinkle! It made my weekend that her and John made the trip to celebrate with us. John and Marcus are college buddies that have stayed connected despite the distance between them. We call them our old papaws. They are so much alike, they send each other food items in the mail, have a passion for cigars and could be brothers separated at birth. They spent the day together while we brunched so it was a fun day for everyone.
 
Georgia Grace, Mary Beth and John Ford-three people with such awesome middle names you have to call them by both :)  
 
Saturday was a perfect day which concluded with the Cats squeaking out a victory over Notre Dame to advance to the Final Four! I somehow stayed calm and did not go into labor. Thanks to everyone who helped us "sprinkle" Jack with love this weekend, he is loved by so many already.

No comments:

Post a Comment