Saturday, June 25, 2016

Georgia Grace at 3 1/2

Our girl is changing so much these days and I want to remember just what she was like at 3 1/2. Truly each year with her it just gets better and better. Every age milestone we reach becomes my new favorite age for her. As much as I have enjoyed these first 3 1/2 years I know it's just going to keep getting better and better.

At 3 1/2, you love dancing. You started ballet back in the winter and it was a great first year. I think we will have several more years of dance in our future. We might try ballet and tap in the fall.

Your favorite foods are macaroni and cheese, strawberries, ice cream and cheese. You also love candy and junk food. We try to keep that to a minimum but you sure know how to slyly sneak in the pantry for some fruit snacks :) You don't have a big appetite and most meals we have to make you eat. More meals than not it ends with a "five more bites and you can get down" HA! What I would give to not want to eat!

You are always ready to go somewhere. You think every day should include a trip to someone's house or a trip to the store.

You are a girly girl if there ever was one. You request to put on makeup everyday. You want to change clothes 5,394 times a day. You have shown very little interest in sports but you do say that you will do three things when you are a big girl: dance, cheerlead and play baseball :)

We bought you a baseball glove, baseballs, a bat and a tee a few weeks ago. We are going to let you play teeball in the fall if you want to.

You are very well-spoken for your age and rarely gets things confused. But when you do, it's adorable and I keep a mental note. Here are a few recent mixups:
-Salisbury steak is raspberry steak
-When something happens that you don't like, sometimes you will say "thumbs down"
-You use the word principal instead of prince. You can tell you're around a lot of educators.
-We were watching a ballgame and a timeout was called. You asked, "Why do they have to go to timeout?"
-If you're sleepy and cranky, you will say the opposite. Me-"It's a beautiful, sunshiny day", Georgia-"No, it's nighttime"
-You have a deep passion for birthday parties. As we were on our way to one and I was telling you what you were going to do at the party you exclaimed, "This is going to be the best birthday party alive!"
-A few months ago you asked, "What in the name of Weaselton is going on?" Note to self in 10-20 years, Weaselton is the name of the town on Frozen that a mean Duke governs. Hilarious.
-Your "th" sounds like a "s" so "thing" is "sing" and "I think so" is "I sink so". Precious.

You are all about safety right now. You want to know every night before we go to bed if the alarm is set and you need reassurance that there are no big bad wolves, mean queens or big spiders that will get you. You also want someone to be with you at all times. Just a few months ago you would play in your playroom all by yourself but not right now. I'm sure it's just a phase.

You strongly dislike bedtime. You don't require a lot of sleep for your age and would stay up until 11 if we let you. But you love your big girl bed since you transitioned from your crib a couple of months ago and you sleep through the night every night. You have been my all star sleeper from the very beginning.

You have a big heart. Tonight you caught lightning bugs and even though your jar had holes in the top, you knew it was possible that they wouldn't make it through the night so you decided to let them go.

You still miss Owen. I worried that you might not be able to remember him since he was in your life when you were so young but I'm confident that you will. We all miss him. There is a void in our life now without him here.

Jack is your best friend. You both light up in the mornings when you see each other for the first time. Days you are apart from each other you will tell me how much you missed him. You fight and fume like all siblings but you're already very loyal to each other. Watching you grow up together is a blessing.

When you get upset with me, you will say "I'm on Daddy's team" and vise versa. We tell you that we are one big team, Team Harrison. Go team! :)

We still have ourselves a teeny mini little girl. You wear 2T clothing and a size 8 toddler shoe. We joke that you will be in a carseat until your teenage years. You may be little but you're healthy and perfect just the way you are.

You will forever be a Daddy's girl and it makes me super happy (not jealous) because I want your relationship with him to be strong. Y'all are similar in so many ways. I hope you always appreciate what a loving and doting father you have.

You are also my mini me in many ways. There's just a little bit of resemblance there :)

You would spend hours in the tub and all your money on playdoh. You love to watch your shows (The Lion Guard, Peppa Pig, Max & Ruby) and youtube videos of singalongs and toy reviews. You prefer when the attention is on you but graciously let your brother have it ever once in a while. You are agreeable and have a soft temperament that's highlighted with grace and beauty. You really are the whole package, Georgia girl.

I can't begin to explain how proud you make me. It really feels like a dream come true that I was chosen to be your mommy. You are everything and more than I had hoped for in a daughter! I wonder so often what will God's plan be for you. I know that your future is being prayed for now and we will be there to support you and love you every step of the way!

I love you forever and always, sister. You make me the proudest mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment