Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A November to Forget

Unfortunately, we have been sick most of the month of November. The babes staggered their sicknesses (cup half full-a blessing, cup half empty-will this ever end?) so that we've pretty much had someone taking some type of medicine from the beginning until now. And thanks to my blog and using my little nifty search tab, I learned that November last year was also a sick month for us. Except they were sick at the same time then. Anyway, I will be very careful next November about everything. No going out, wash our hands a million times a day, live in a bubble, etc. 

 
While Jack was down and Georgia was still fresh as a daisy, we went to our Tuesday evening dance class. We love her class and teacher but we don't get to see them practice but I did sneak a quick picture of her before we left the studio. I hope I can get a few pictures of her in action soon.

 
Both of my babies love books and I pray that love will stay with them forever. I love to read, even though I don't make time for it much these days. I value someone that is well read and I want these two to be a resident of Faulkner's Yoknapatawpha County, hunt the white whale aboard the Pequod, fight alongside Napoleon, sail a raft with Huck and Jim, commit absurdities with Ignatius J. Really, ride a sad train with Anna Karenina and stroll down Swann's Way. If you know where those last lines came from, we could be best friends :)

And then Thursday night just as Jack was back to feeling good poor sister went down. We took her to the doctor Friday morning and they diagnosed her with pneumonia. It was just a small patch in her right lung but I know pneumonia is nothing to take lightly so we set up a sick bay and did our best to nurse our girl back to health. 

I feel like I neglected this poor boy for a few days but thankfully we had plenty of family that jumped in to help take care of him and keep him happy/entertained.  

 
And in between cleaning up various bodily fluids and giving medicines and napping with my sick girl, I did some major Gilmore Girls binging so that I would be ready for Friday (release of the reunion season!). It helped me get through the three day stint when I never left the house or put on makeup. 

 
And timing is everything, right? So we have been scouring for a swing set for the past 2-3 months. We have researched this as if we were trying to find the cure for cancer. We finally narrowed it down to a few facts. 1. We wanted one made with redwood 2. We wanted a swing set/playhouse combo 3. We didn't want to pay the retail price for a set like this so we knew we were in the market for a used one.

We found our swingset on Craigslist and Marcus, my Dad, our family friend Chris and friend Steve headed down to Brentwood, Tennessee on Sunday with two trucks and two trailers to transport it home. It was an all day event to disassemble, load and reassemble and I am SO thankful for these guys for sacrificing a whole day to go get this deal of a century for us.

 
It was dark outside by the time it was built on Sunday so we waited until Monday to show it to Georgia. We had finally turned a corner with her sickness and this was just what she needed to cheer her up! Marcus came home on his break and we surprised her with it. She was nearly speechless! She calls it "her playground" and is already talking about hosting her next birthday party in it :)

 
We took Jack boy out to see it too. I'm afraid he will be scaling it and walking on the swing beam if we don't keep a close eye on him. He loved the slide and we have bought a toddler swing seat for him. Marcus is going to pressure wash it and restain it over Thanksgiving break so it will be as good as new. 

 
Yesterday the boys got fresh cuts for all our Thanksgiving festivities. Jack's is shorter than normal and he looks more like a boy than a baby but I love it. 

Georgia is much improved and just in time for Thanksgiving. I have countless blessings to be thankful for this year. I can't wait to start the festivities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment