Sunday, January 1, 2017

NYE weekend

I have more Christmas to post but I thought I would post about our New Years weekend while it was fresh on my mind. My sister and I talked about taking a family vacation a few months ago and nothing ever came together so we decided it would be fun to take a short trip for New Years Eve weekend. Paige's friend's parents have a house on Lake Cumberland and offered to let us stay there. We jumped on the opportunity. 

We arrived and settled in. Then we left all the babies with my Mom and Stan and took off to do a little exploring. Lake Cumberland is so beautiful. I want to go back when the weather is warmer and you can enjoy the water more. The little community where we stayed is super tight knit. We were stopped three times on our walk to inquire about who we were and where we were from (in a friendly way) ha! We felt absolutely safe though.

We decided to go to Lure Lodge for dinner on Friday night. Going out to eat with three kiddos proved to be a big task but we survived it. I'm sure our server will be fine if we never dine there again :) 

 
Our last family vacation before the Salmons' big move. Just missing our brother.

 
Saturday we stayed in and watched college football bowl games and played with the babies. We wore our UK gear but it didn't help but at least we played in a bowl game!

 
These girls gave each other makeovers :)

Nap time was a huge challenge with no crib and sharing one large bedroom between the four of us. I joined nap time Saturday afternoon to try to settle them down and this was the conclusion. Georgia and Jack=1, Mommy=0. Even though they didn't nap, it was a sweet memory I have of lots of giggling and tickling.  

Five of us stayed up until midnight to ring in 2017! I had fun New Years hats and glasses and such but of course left them at home. We celebrated the occasion just the same.  

 
Sunday before we packed up to head home we witnessed Bo eat his first bites of solids. I brought my DSLR camera so I snapped a few shots of the occasion and I just love them.

 
I think he is going to take to solids quite nicely. 

 
It was the cutest lake house right on the shore of Lake Cumberland. The views were gorgeous and we are so thankful for the Parrotts for letting us use their place for the weekend. 

 

 
It's a weekend we will never forget. I'm excited for a new year but 2017 intimidates me. I'm just having a hard time imagining my life without my sister just a short drive away. I'm sure it will get easier with time but I'm prepared for a year full of lots of emotions, including sadness. 

Good things, hard things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment